Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So every year I try something different. Last year was a wood chipper and Butchers house. This year I was torn between either a twisted carnival or Silent hill. Pyramid Head's costume is really itching me to make it.

Anyways does anyone have any cool ideas for this? I already have in the works a giant rusty fan (if it works out it will cover the front of my garage) and an Anus wall opening (sorry for the term but that IS what it looks like in SH Homecomming)
PLus is there any sites that you suggest that would have good wave loops of silent hill background music or sounds?

Thanks, Lord Z

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ah, SH. <3

For soundtracks/effects for free Art of Silent Hill - Lost Memories, Experience, Audio, Movies, and Pictures

Do you know of some women-friends who would dress up as the nurses for you? :D Might provide a cool scare, especially if they are up to standing stock-still as the TOT's arrive...

btw, is this strictly a yard/house haunt and/or is your garage involved at all...? I might have some more ideas if I knew the specifics of what you have to work with.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
lol That's the theme we decided to do this year for our haunted maze, & we're already two days into the build. Ours will be loosely based on it, mainly due to the limited funds. Half of it will be a huge cavern mine type environment, other half interior house.

We use a Quanza metal domed machine shed that's 37x82x25, with duel sliding doors on each end. & a small 10x12 workshop that doubles as a control room.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
That sounds SO cool!! I actually watched Silent Hill on Wednesday, and thought about doing the nurse costume next year!

I can't wait to see what plans you come up with, sorry I've no input, but good luck with it!!

·
Where wolf?
1,277 Posts
I would place fireplace logs at the "opening" and see if anyone gets it. :)

·
Registered
920 Posts
So every year I try something different. Last year was a wood chipper and Butchers house. This year I was torn between either a twisted carnival or Silent hill. Pyramid Head's costume is really itching me to make it.

Anyways does anyone have any cool ideas for this? I already have in the works a giant rusty fan (if it works out it will cover the front of my garage) and an Anus wall opening (sorry for the term but that IS what it looks like in SH Homecomming)
PLus is there any sites that you suggest that would have good wave loops of silent hill background music or sounds?

Thanks, Lord Z

Hey, check out Monster Maker's profile, he created a Silent Hill Miner costume, it's amazing!
:) H1

·
Registered
725 Posts
Awesome idea. I could see myself trying to make a couple hundred of those flesh eating beatles out of great stuff. In regards to sound, unless you want to stay pure to the movie sound track, I would say any industrial is going to do it. NIN Ghost album might be a great fit: Ghosts - Splash . 2 CD's and its all sound, no words.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wow awesome referances! Thank you. I saw that Miners outfit that was nice . . . ALAS! my funds (and my job) are gone so it looks like I will be recycling stuff from last year :-(

That just means I have a whole year to make Silent Hill LOL Thanks again to everyone!
peace, Lord Z

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
We just had our Halloween party & Haunted maze (Silent Hill themed) last weekend.
When I mentioned that the design was loosely based on Silent Hill, only one of the group of teenagers attending hadn't seen the movie but, played the video game. lol

Half of the maze was a cave & the other half an abandoned house. My minions wandered it in the dark & fog looking for victims to scare.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts