Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Resident Lunatic
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can a team that has made it to the playoffs by having an outstanding home record and enters the playoffs with home field advantage lose the first two home games. I have been a die-hard Cubs fan for 37 years. What is wrong with me?

·
kakos
7,217 Posts
I don't want to talk about it...............I feel for my mom, like you she's been a die-hard for over 40 years now. She told me she hopes she sees them win in her lifetime, I hope so too.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Awww - come on RRguy, being a Cubs fan already, you should know that the damn "c" stands for...
CHOKE!!!

*sigh*

Now say the mantra with me:
"There is always next year, there is always next year, there is always next year..."

:)

·
Resident Lunatic
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the fans will soon tire of "next year." The Cubs were popular for many years without so much as a division championship. Now that the fans have gotten a taste of winning in the past few years, they are no longer going to be the"lovable losers." The fans are going to expect more of the Cubs, as they should. :(

·
Fallen Angel
7,061 Posts
Well, at least your not alone.....the other Chicago team (which shall not be named) did just as badly.

·
kakos
7,217 Posts
I think the fans will soon tire of "next year." The Cubs were popular for many years without so much as a division championship. Now that the fans have gotten a taste of winning in the past few years, they are no longer going to be the"lovable losers." The fans are going to expect more of the Cubs, as they should. :(
Yup. I think there's going to be more booing at Wrigley when they mess up.

LHALLOW said:
Well, at least your not alone.....the other Chicago team (which shall not be named) did just as badly.
Yeah, but no one cares too much about that unless they are fans of that team. I guess no North side vs. South side this year. And the bad fans (not all) somehow still find a way to be angry at Cubs fans.....

·
Registered
387 Posts
Well, I can hear what your saying - but I stuck with the "lovable losers" when they really sucked...
So, the bright side of this is; at least they're winning these days - so I can't find it in my heart to abandon them now in their time of need...
Sure it would've been wonderful to break "the curse" after 100 years, but I've convinced that they'll do it sometime "soon"...

They need their fans behind them now, more then ever...
Just my two coppers.

:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts