Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in typical Ashley fashion I decided last minute that it would be a huge waste to not use the other side of a wall of bones I built. It will back up to a baby doll room so long story short I need help getting plastic baby doll heads to glue to Styrofoam. I know the answer is probably super simple but I'm new to foam. Thanks!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Gorilla glue works best on things that are natural and have some way for it to penetrate. Not sure if it will grab something real smooth. Now hot glue with styrofoam is tricky. I have found you are best to put it on the non styrofoam area then let it start to cool before you attack styrofoam. Another way is to hit the glue with water as soon as you try to join them. Often the glue will melt a hole in the stryrofoam as it is to hot.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Do a test first (then flush the nozzle & tube w/ acetone to reuse) apply a little great stuff expanding foam to the back of a head.
If it is hard to remove when it sets up (hour or two), then you can stick them on with "a little" of this. It holds great to styrofoam.
If your wall is vertical, pin the head to it until cured. Push them down once during the early cure to flatten any excess expansion of the foam.
If you use too much and expand the foam out the sides, trim excess off before it fully hardens (it's just easier then).

·
Registered
13 Posts
another option I used to glue pieces of Plastic Skeleton Bones to Styrofoam board was Foam glue. it's the same idea as liquid nails, but specifically designed for foam so it doesn't eat away at it. I'm posting pictures of what I did shortly. The only problem I had was the glue is blue, so any of the visible glue had to be painted after it hardened. But it worked really well.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Gorilla glue will glue anything.
This would be my recommendation. I know it works well with foam. As suggested before, I would test it on a small part of your doll 1st just to see if it stick to the plastic. (I am 90% sure it will.) You may need to rough it up with some sand paper 1st then glue it if it does not stick the 1st time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts