Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished making a glue gun web shooter over the weekend and it works great. I had so much fun webbing everything in site (wife was not that excited). Do some glue sticks work better then others, i.e. white vs clear ? What do others use?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I just finished building my web glue gun too! I have not had a lot of time to test with it yet only with clear glue and this seems a little hard to see sometimes. I did order white glue sticks from minionsweb.com I will post a comparison when I get them. Also I did see glue pretty cheap at harbor freight I will probably pick some up from there.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, that is the one I used. Well except I could not find that particular glue gun. Ended up with dual temp gun which, when I took it apart, had no room for the tube to go inside of the gun so I attached to the underside on the exterior. It looks funny but works great.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I used the tutorial above as well but good luck finding that gun or any other 80 watt gun for that matter. I looked at home depot, lowes, micheals, harbor freight, ace hardware, jo annes, sears, and walmart. They all topped out at 60 watts if even that. I ended up finding this site

Ad-Tech Glue Guns at Welcome to Hot Melt Direct

and I got the AdTech HD 200 it's 200 watts and cost me a about $45 shipped. Then I got a 1/4" OD copper tubing and a 90 degree compression fitting coming out the side of the gun into anothe 90 degree fitting to the input it pointing to the back of the gun and then a on off valve with a quick release air fitting. The fit was pretty tight but I got it back together I need to find some sort of stap to keep the on/off valve from swiveling but other than that it seems great. I have not had much of a chance use it yet but from my short testing it seems awesome.

With all that being said I still ended up spending about $60 on the project and you could but the low end minionsweb.com web gun for that same price an if you lived in a warmer area of the country it would probably do a fine job for you. But if you want more power or are just a diy fan like myself then I think the above glue gun is the way to go could not find a better/cheaper one around, most 80 watts you can find online will run 25-35 shipped so for the extra $10 you are getting double the power.

If anybody really wants pics I could probably get some up before halloween otherwise I will probably post my step by step after halloween.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Thanks for the pointers guys! I think this will be a winter project. We have a Northern Tool in town, so I will check that and see what I can find.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I agree with slicerd Finding the 80watt glue gun was a trial so I ended up going with the 40watt from Micheals. I did order my brass compression adapter,Bushing and Copper Tubing from the Plumbing supply company listing on the web site . They are very friendly and even sent candy with my order.:D

·
Registered
725 Posts
How does the 40 watt work for you? I guess I am under the impression that people are going with the higher watts because it melts glue faster to keep up with the air flow?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I did a trial run using my handheld blow gun holding it under my 30 watt glue gun and it worked ok. Of corse I live in AZ so it was 100 degrees outside anyway if you live somewhere that is cool in october it might be a different story.

Also you can pickup all the air fittings from Home Depot / Lowes for about the same price as the Plumbing Supply company mentioned above. This stuff is actually in the plumbing area I ended up going to home depot and lowes twice to get exactly what I needed.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Thanks for the follow up. My air compressor tripped the circuit breaker this weekend, so a deffinate sign that things are getting cold here. Love Halloween, but hate what comes after it! I think I have all the parts I need with the exception of copper wire. Failed experiment on an air brush earlier this year. Can't go cheap on those, and a $1 can of spray paint works just as good in most situations.

·
Registered
315 Posts
How does the 40 watt work for you? I guess I am under the impression that people are going with the higher watts because it melts glue faster to keep up with the air flow?
I have not had a problem with it yet and it works really fast . I was a little concerned that with it being a lower wattage that it would not be on par with the 80 watt but none the less it does the job . I find that if I keep a steady light pressure on the trigger that it distributes the webs as it should.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts