Halloween Forum banner

Glue for (pink) foam props?

Other: 
29K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  Myra Mains 
#1 ·
I struggle with this every year. What kind of glue is good for the pink insulation foam? I will be making signs, large and small. Contact cements eats it, and hot melt glue burns through. Is there some kind of glue that works well?

Thanks

JH

#4 ·
Use the foam board adhesive from liquid nails, I swear by it. Gorilla glue, heard varying results with it....our forum friend TK found out that it will eat the white foam board, so not sure how it will interact with pink or blue.

#9 ·
I swear that nothing works every time! I have tried PL, Power Grab, Liquid Nails, Gorilla Glue, and possibly a few others. None of them see to work every time with any consistency. For those of you that have had success, I applaud you! I am gonna try that Titebond II........I dont have any of that sitting around the shop yet!

#10 ·
I have heard many suggestions for glue, and just want to warn that most of the suggestions are not suitable for glueing foam to foam or is recommended on packages that one surface must be pourus. I know many people here will say that they have used these glues in these inappropriate situations without any problem, but this could be the cause of inconsistant results. I just suggest that anyone concernred take note of directions on package.

#16 ·
No, that does melt foam if you use it in a heavy spray. It also isn't a strong bond.

I use it for my paper when I'm doing epitaphs. LIGHTLY spray the paper, then smooth down and it doesn't move and you can cut or burn through the paper. It's repositionable too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.