Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
This company makes glow products including a powder that will glow for hours and is available in numerous colors.

www.glonation.com/glow-powder.php

According to the article, these pots below were painted with their glow powder.

MOD NOTE: PHOTO IS NOT OF GLOW IN THE DARK PAINTED POTS (ACTUALLY LED PLANTERS)

glo pots.jpg

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,854 Posts
That image is actually of an LED translucent planter, not treated with glow in the dark paints. I tracked the pic down to a few locations as there is no way that anything "glow in the dark" would be putting off that kind of light.

I also didn't see that image or claim on the site linked - they're not making any claims that those pots were painted with glow paint, so not sure where the OP got the info from. A quick search and it seems that this picture is floating around Pinterest and other sites with the false claim that it is painted with things like Rustoleum and other brands of glow-in-the-dark spray paint. Again, this is false - nothing treated with paint would glow like this - there are lights inside the semi-transparent planter that are providing the light source.

Samples and pricing seem to be pretty expensive for LED planters out on the web: at least $100 starting for really small pots/planters, so those in that image above must be well into the $200-500 dollar range (round forms would be more expensive).

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've used there products. in fact I'm 10 steps away from a shelf of there glow paints and powders. I can personally attest with all of my supply's i couldn't pull this kind of glow off. I can safely say though that those are really neat.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The glow powder is very impressive and I have used it on several projects. What gives this picture away as to NOT being illuminated via phosphorescent glow is the ambient light.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts