Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Bringing the Dead to Life
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help for a project I am thinking about undertaking. This year, I want to add some variety to my display instead of having just a cemetery. So, I am putting in a toxic waste scene. I put some spray foam dripping down from the top of the "toxic waste" barrel and painted it with flourescent paint. I also have this glow in the dark mask that I will incorporate somewhere in there (maybe sticking out of the barrel). Anyway, the entire scene will be lit with a black light cannon from American DJ, so th paint glows. What I am wondering is if a special effect thing I thought about will work. I found this powder in my garage the other day. I think it is from my dad's old house. I called him and asked him what it was. He said it was a flourescent marker (highlighter) concentrate. So, I mixed only a sprinkle of the powder with water and it was amazing how much water was dyed by only the smallest pinch you can imagine. Okay, so here's the deal: this powder make a bright glow when it is mixed with water under blacklight. I was wondering if I mixed it with fog fluid (making sure it was copmpletely dissolved), would it make the fog glow if it was under blacklight? It would be really cool if it did. I want to try it, but am wondering if anybody thinks this could ruin the fog machine at all. Afterall, who wants a useless fog machine because of a stupid idea that I just thought of. Thanks.

·
Vlad the Impaler
1,302 Posts
You CAN get fog fluid that will glow under a black light. However it is a bit pricey. Also the dye u want to in may not come out in the mist. Some people will try to put food coloring in their fog juice but it wont come out a color and it just messes up the fog machine. how ever, the glowing fog fliuid works diffrently. maybe do a search on google?

·
aka Halloweenqueen
1,435 Posts
Sounds like a bad idea to me.

I know there are aroma additives to fog. I planned to buy some tropical scent for my pirate theme.

The blacklight fog sounds cool though. I can't find it with a quick google search. Anyone have a link?

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Glowing bubbles effect

I need some help for a project I am thinking about undertaking. This year, I want to add some variety to my display instead of having just a cemetery. So, I am putting in a toxic waste scene. I put some spray foam dripping down from the top of the "toxic waste" barrel and painted it with flourescent paint. I also have this glow in the dark mask that I will incorporate somewhere in there (maybe sticking out of the barrel). Anyway, the entire scene will be lit with a black light cannon from American DJ, so th paint glows. What I am wondering is if a special effect thing I thought about will work. I found this powder in my garage the other day. I think it is from my dad's old house. I called him and asked him what it was. He said it was a flourescent marker (highlighter) concentrate. So, I mixed only a sprinkle of the powder with water and it was amazing how much water was dyed by only the smallest pinch you can imagine. Okay, so here's the deal: this powder make a bright glow when it is mixed with water under blacklight. I was wondering if I mixed it with fog fluid (making sure it was copmpletely dissolved), would it make the fog glow if it was under blacklight? It would be really cool if it did. I want to try it, but am wondering if anybody thinks this could ruin the fog machine at all. Afterall, who wants a useless fog machine because of a stupid idea that I just thought of. Thanks.
Hey there nightrideproductions
I did the glowing bubbles from a bubble machine (I have a how to Word doc. I can send any one that wants a copy, I made from high liters); last year, and the effect was great. as the bubbles would move in and out of the black lights...
HOW EVER: with that said there was the little thing of a glowing spot on the ground, bushes, walkway, my cloths, and my hands; that got bigger and bigger and brighter and well. It took a day or two to wash it all away, the rain didn't work. I could wash it out of my cloths: but, the TOT costumes are a different thing the little TOTs are sometime hard to catch. (LOL)
Most costumes are made of bore materials and are not to ever be washed.
For what they sometime costs... that's a shame.

OK and as an AIRBRUSH artist I would not recommend breathing anything you don't fully know the health dangers of I even wear a respirator when painting with water based paints. Always be safe, we want to enjoy our haunts not become the haunt itself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts