Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just browsing for Glow Necklaces. We gave out 150 last year before we ran out. Am I wrong, or has the cost of these things gone through the roof compared with last year?

·
Banned
3,040 Posts
haha I made a comment about this in the wanted section. I too am looking to buy some at a "better" price. I get about 300 ToT's and at .25/pc I can't afford it! Do you know of a wholesale supplier?

·
Ravenous Zombie
1,196 Posts
I buy mine every year from a seller on eBay called Glowuniverse. I'm satisfied with their product every time. They do not sell the cheap glow necklaces that do not light up. Very good price too.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Any suggestions of where to find silver or gold beads? We're doing a pirate theme this year and we had thought about giving these out as "treasure" in addition to candy. We have about 400 TOT's and this idea is seeming like it will break the bank!

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,068 Posts
Any suggestions of where to find silver or gold beads? We're doing a pirate theme this year and we had thought about giving these out as "treasure" in addition to candy. We have about 400 TOT's and this idea is seeming like it will break the bank!

For beads:
Metallic Bead Necklaces

You can get the 144 mega bead assortment for $20 (14¢ each) but have to get all different colors, or the silver OR gold beads for 48 for $8 (17¢ each).

How about one of these as an alternative?:

Skull Roll Stickers

Also check out US TOY Carnival/Novelty Division website and do a search for "pirate" They have some awesome stuff, but their website doesn't like to do direct linking so I can't show you the stuff I found.

I haven't done necklaces, but I did still see the 10 glow bracelets for $1 at Michaels, so hopefully there's still some good deals out there on the necklaces!

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The cost has gone up somewhat over last year, but there are still bargains to be had. Just 2 minutes ago I won 150 20" Necklaces for $50 on ebay, with free shipping. Can't beat that.

·
Ravenous Zombie
1,196 Posts
Definitely Oriental Trading. Compare their price with shipping vs. if you were to buy in bulk from Party City.

·
Ravenous Zombie
1,196 Posts
The cost has gone up somewhat over last year, but there are still bargains to be had. Just 2 minutes ago I won 150 20" Necklaces for $50 on ebay, with free shipping. Can't beat that.
Nice! Let me know if you're happy with the necklaces if it wasn't Glowuniverse you purchased from. I may switch to your seller. Thanks.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I like windycitynovelties.com... for me they are local, but the prices are pretty good...

below is a link for 50 glow necklaces for $27.00 + shipping... and for every $100 spent there, you get a tube of 50 glow bracelets for free!

22 Inch Assorted Color Glow Necklaces from Windy City Novelties

they also have the mardi gras beads in lots of colors for your pirate theme!

2,442 Posts
I give these out too, I usually get mine from Ebay you can get 100 for £14 (just over $23) with free P&P in the UK at the moment. We always overpay in the U.K, they don't call it rip off Britain for nothing.

·
Banned
3,040 Posts
Congrats! I saw the listing and emailed the seller asking if he had anymore...he said no, so I passed. I need at least 300. That is a good deal though! And the're orange!

·
Banned
3,040 Posts
I found a wholesale supplier online that sells them for .16/pc but you have to buy at least a thousand. Anyone in for a group buy!?

·
Purely and Simply....EVIL
946 Posts
Target and Michaels sell them at their dollar section...I cant remember the qty in targets, but I got them last year and they were a big hit. I think they were 15 for $1.00. They came with the connectors to make necklaces, bracelets. Michaels has them now in the dollar section, and they are 15 for $1.00. I hope that helps!!

·
Banned
3,040 Posts
Target and Michaels sell them at their dollar section...I cant remember the qty in targets, but I got them last year and they were a big hit. I think they were 15 for $1.00. They came with the connectors to make necklaces, bracelets. Michaels has them now in the dollar section, and they are 15 for $1.00. I hope that helps!!
Michael's has a dollar aisle!? And they have necklaces? well if thats the case, I'll be heading there tomorrow! thanks for the tip!

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bracelets, huh? A nice cheap alternative after you run out of Necklaces. No way 150 Necklaces will last at our place...

·
Purely and Simply....EVIL
946 Posts
Michael's has a dollar aisle!? And they have necklaces? well if thats the case, I'll be heading there tomorrow! thanks for the tip!
I bought mine last year at target and they were a great hit!! Good Quality also, At Michales they are in the little bin section with notecards, mini pads of paper, etc. They looked nice...might pick up a few tubes for this year! HTH :)

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Check Target's dollar section when they start stocking Halloween. They had tubes of 15 for a dollar each last year...That's where we got ours.

Edit - these are the bracelets. But 2 years ago we noticed that our neighbors started handing them out as well, so along with the glow bracelets we started handing out the little Halloween rubber duckys from oriental trading - they were a big hit.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts