Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if there is anyone who may know where I can buy or make glow in the dark paint? I have found some on the internet but its incredibly expensive. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks, audible

·
Registered
184 Posts
i have actually bought quite a bit of glow in the dark paint threw out the years . and yes im sorry to say its expensive . and dont get the cheap stuff . trust me lol

·
Bringing the Dead to Life
839 Posts
Hippie Stores! the one near me carries a billion colors and brands. I guess glowing paint looks awesome when you're high? i wouldn't know.

EDIT: Spencer's also carries little 4 oz bottles of pink, blue, green, orange, yellow and purple in a pack for maybe $10..but if you need a lot of paint, it will be expensive..not sure why.

·
Banned
3,040 Posts
for glowing blacklight paint
Mix Rit whitener and brightener with clear acrylic gesso or gel medium. Or for a cheaper alternative, you can also water down Elmer's clear glue and mix it with the whitener. It will stain, and is permanent. The color it will glow is bright blue-white, I haven't tried other colors, but I bet food coloring can be added to achieve other colors. You can also make some backlight glow paint with gel glue and highlighter ink.

as for glow in the dark paint, I remember my local school supplies store having some.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,487 Posts
If you're looking for regular glow in the dark paint:

Joann.com: Online Shopping for Sewing, Scrapbooking, Yarn and Crafts

Michaels or any crafty store should also carry a variety as well.

If you're looking for black light reactive paint...

http://www.halloweenforum.com/general-halloween/61560-blacklight-reactive-paint-finally.html

Our blacklight paint really glows in the dark!

Although I would think that a crafty or art supply store may have these as well...

Regular old "florescent poster paints" or anything that says "glow in the dark" should glow under black light.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I bought some at Micheals last year, wasn't too expensive. I bought a larger container of it at Home Depot after that. I know it wasn't too expensive. We used a lot last year. It was invisable during the day and we used black lights at night and it stood out really well.

Sorry I can't remember the brand but, check at Home Depot in the specialty paint section of the paint center.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Lowe's carries several colors of flourecent spray paints. The lids on the cans react to blacklights but I have not tried the paint inself. I bought some when I was thinking about a dot room. If this is something you need an answer on let me know and I will test it.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
If you want paint that doesn't show until the blacklight is on, check out The Costume Shop - Boise, Idaho - We've Got You Covered!. Click on the retail dropdown menu and choose blacklight and illumination, then clearneon, then click on click here for some ideas. (Sorry, but I'm technically challenged.) There's some interactive pics that will show you rooms that look plain under normal light and then when you mouse over them, how they look with the blacklight on. It's fun and amazing. It comes in spray cans and brush on. You can email them for more info.

·
Registered
336 Posts
RIT whitener looks great under a blacklight.

Glow in the dark paints are very expensive, but it depends on what exactly you are planning on painting too. Last year I bought a small balcklight falshlight on ebay, I kept it in my purse when I was Halloween shopping in craft stores.

You can also use anything that says fluorescent, some of those glow brighter under a blacklight than glow in the dark paints

1 - 10 of 10 Posts