Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,468 Posts
I got a solid GITD skeleton on clearance for around $18 at Grandin Road 5 or so years ago... The bones/build is literally solid GITD plastic, no painted features so in normal lighting it looked sort of greenish white. But put it in front of a black light and man - sooooo cool.

I ended up blackening the low points on the skull (eye/nose sockets) with black paper cutouts for a temporary fix with the intention of coming back later and painting them more permanently, but haven't gotten around to it yet, so if this version has no black-painted depths/sockets, you may want to consider painting them for better contrast and clarity over any real distances (more than a few feet and you can't make out details on the skull for instance).

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I got a solid GITD skeleton on clearance for around $18 at Grandin Road 5 or so years ago... The bones/build is literally solid GITD plastic, no painted features so in normal lighting it looked sort of greenish white. But put it in front of a black light and man - sooooo cool.

I ended up blackening the low points on the skull (eye/nose sockets) with black paper cutouts for a temporary fix with the intention of coming back later and painting them more permanently, but haven't gotten around to it yet, so if this version has no black-painted depths/sockets, you may want to consider painting them for better contrast and clarity over any real distances (more than a few feet and you can't make out details on the skull for instance).
I took advantage of that sale to get a few also. They did look kind of too greenish and washed out to me so I haven't used them since the year I bought them. I might try your suggestion of blackening out the eyes and a little on the facial features. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts