Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Undertaker
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Global warming has destroyed Halloween for us this year. Tempts are in the low 30's wind gusts up to 40 mph lowers it even further to the upper 20's. Its currently snowing. Taking most of the haunt down now....Our zombies are warm blooded.....

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
Nothing we can do about Mother Nature except move indoors. Sorry to hear that, there's always next year...

·
Registered
553 Posts
The heat the rest of the world is getting is squeezing arctic air down on the US from the Midwest to the East Coast, the so called Polar Vortex. We were the only area spared from record hear this summer.

·
Undertaker
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The heat the rest of the world is getting is squeezing arctic air down on the US from the Midwest to the East Coast, the so called Polar Vortex. We were the only area spared from record hear this summer.
Poopycock....

Global warming.....You can't detect the sarcasm in my text trust me it's there.

First Halloween in my life time when it snowed. Haven't been able to use my pool in two years or take my jet ski's out on the lake because of the superrheated cold air....Baloney...

·
Undertaker
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got lucky....stopped snowing in time for treat or tricking. High winds prevented the deployment of a lot of my props but we made the most of it. Had a good time despite the 32 degree tempt.

·
Witch of the Midwest!
912 Posts
I feel you Oaklawn. I'm in MI too and we had snow and high winds. Not one TOT and I didn't put anything out since it would have blown away or froze.

If the weather were an old man I would kick his *ss down the stairs. Yes global warming has really warmed Michigan up hasn't it? NOT!

Global warming has destroyed Halloween for us this year. Tempts are in the low 30's wind gusts up to 40 mph lowers it even further to the upper 20's. Its currently snowing. Taking most of the haunt down now....Our zombies are warm blooded.....

·
Keeper of Spider Hill
1,779 Posts
Got lucky....stopped snowing in time for treat or tricking. High winds prevented the deployment of a lot of my props but we made the most of it. Had a good time despite the 32 degree tempt.
Did your swaying zombie brave the storm? One of mine did. This is his second year standing in the rain. :) I think the next one I build is going to be wearing a raincoat!

·
Undertaker
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did your swaying zombie brave the storm? One of mine did. This is his second year standing in the rain. :) I think the next one I build is going to be wearing a raincoat!
I can't put any of the MS or Fuller prop heads in the rain. It stopped raining in time for TOT but sadly the high winds prevented the deployment of the swaying zombie. We had about 70% of the TOT we had last year, half of what we were expecting.

The weather is ALWAYS perfect on Devil's night and we had everything out. That was nice. I have to admit, I was anxious for Halloween to be over with. It's been a terrible year.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Poopycock....

First Halloween in my life time when it snowed. Haven't been able to use my pool in two years or take my jet ski's out on the lake because of the superrheated cold air....Baloney...
Again most of North America has had arctic air push down on it while the rest of the world had the hottest summer in recorded history and the average world wide temperature hit a new recorded high.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Poopycock....

Come down here where I've basically had to give up vegetable gardening because it has gotten progressively hotter to the point nothing fruits. The garden centers are carrying tomato plants because you can actually grow them this time of year now.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I hear you, showing and 50 mph wind gusts all day here in Chicago on Halloween. Ugh... Last year rain all day, now this... So maybe 70 and sunny next year?! Here's hoping!

·
Registered
19 Posts
First Halloween in my life time when it snowed.
In the '70s, I trick or treated in Harrison, Arkansas in snow and sleet. I don't have a specific time for the snow, but the sleet was either 1977 or 1978 because I distinctly remember the sleet bouncing off of my vinyl "skeleton dancing in the graveyard" costume as we were walking and that was either first or second grade. The snow was sometime after that.

Since all of science is only based on single events and not averages or repeatable data...oh wait. It isn't.

·
Undertaker
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
In the '70s, I trick or treated in Harrison, Arkansas in snow and sleet. I don't have a specific time for the snow, but the sleet was either 1977 or 1978 because I distinctly remember the sleet bouncing off of my vinyl "skeleton dancing in the graveyard" costume as we were walking and that was either first or second grade. The snow was sometime after that.

Since all of science is only based on single events and not averages or repeatable data...oh wait. It isn't.
I remember circa 1977 we were being plunged into an ice age due to acid rain.......Guess we need more acid rain....

·
Registered
302 Posts
I remember circa 1977 we were being plunged into an ice age due to acid rain.......Guess we need more acid rain....
Talk about a blast from the past! I remember the "acid rain" scare! We learned about it in Science class in grade school! How all the acidic rain was going to kill all vegetation and make the soil unusable for crops and plants. :rolleyes:

We were all gon' die! Die! DIE!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts