Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Undertaker
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Michigan we are expecting snow flurries next week. I don't know about you but I'm sick of the frigid weather during Halloween. I'm going to embrace diversity and suck up to Global Warming like a Hoover Vacuum cleaner.

I've purchased two SUV's and I'm burning multiple wood burner stoves in an effort to make Michigan in October like Florida in January. I'm enlisting all my friends and neighbors to do the same.

Please do your part......Buy a crossover vehicle or two, grab one of them big diesel Chevy 3500's you've always wanted; fly whenever possible, keep your thermostat on 75 degrees all year round. Use a corn or wood burner stoves for the house, shed and the dog house. Stop bagging leaves and burn them when ever possible.

Please do your part and help make Michigan warmer and safer for Halloween....

Thank you

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I think the new term is "climate change", which allows the argument be won regardless of scientific data. If it is warmer than the year before then they are right. If if is colder than the year before, then they are right. :D

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Climate change means everything gets a little more extreme. Hot gets hotter, cold gets colder, dry gets dryer, wet gets wetter, and storms become stormier. But if it guaranteed a temperately comfortable October, I'd be out there in my truck - fitted with aerosol turbo-boosters! lol

·
Undertaker
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Only in my dreams! It's still in the 80s when we tear down that night.

I wanna suffer like that.....I wanna bemoan the devastating heat wave that will drown polar bears and submerge most of southern California ( They're simply dreadful people) under tons of ocean water..........

Bring it on!

I'm ordering a 6.4 L Hemi today !

·
Registered
414 Posts
I wanna suffer like that.....I wanna bemoan the devastating heat wave that will drown polar bears and submerge most of southern California ( They're simply dreadful people) under tons of ocean water..........

Bring it on!

I'm ordering a 6.4 L Hemi today !
There is an easier way, that would actually happen in your lifetime. It's called moving.

·
Seer of All
2,940 Posts
I'm with Screaming Demons - I'm sick to death of October days that still top out around 90. Although we have had a few deliciously cool days, they're quickly followed by several hot and humid ones. And the hot days seem hotter than they actually are since you've had the few chilly ones. I feel like we never get acclimated to either weather type since it always seems to be going up or down 30 degrees at a time. It's the same in the spring.
I've always wanted to live somewhere with four distinct seasons, if that place truly exists.

·
Undertaker
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm with Screaming Demons - I'm sick to death of October days that still top out around 90. Although we have had a few deliciously cool days, they're quickly followed by several hot and humid ones. And the hot days seem hotter than they actually are since you've had the few chilly ones. I feel like we never get acclimated to either weather type since it always seems to be going up or down 30 degrees at a time. It's the same in the spring.
I've always wanted to live somewhere with four distinct seasons, if that place truly exists.
We only have two seasons in Michigan...Summer and Winter...Unfortunately Mother Nature's thermostat frequently goes on the fritz(must be her change of life) and the temperature can shift 30 degrees in a single hour.This can be rather trying if you have a limited wardrobe on hand.

·
Seer of All
2,940 Posts
We only have two seasons in Michigan...Summer and Winter...Unfortunately Mother Nature's thermostat frequently goes on the fritz(must be her change of life) and the temperature can shift 30 degrees in a single hour.
That must be it! Mother Nature is menopausal! Makes perfect sense! :D

·
Registered
414 Posts
Personally I think she's on something. The last 2 Christmases around here (and I, despite being in Canada can cross the border into michigan in under 2 hours) were warm enough to load the car in a t-shirt, yet Halloween was barely above freezing, has rained 5 of the last 6 years running, and it was only JUST warm enough for it to be rain and not snow. And then Easter we get a fresh blanket of snow. In mid april. This past may we had shorts weather and snow within a week of each other. She's drunk or high, and I can't really tell which, but after this scorching summer I could use some cold weather.

I'm surprised you're getting snow. We're practically neighbors and they're not projecting below freezing lows here.

·
Undertaker
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Personally I think she's on something. The last 2 Christmases around here (and I, despite being in Canada can cross the border into michigan in under 2 hours) were warm enough to load the car in a t-shirt, yet Halloween was barely above freezing, has rained 5 of the last 6 years running, and it was only JUST warm enough for it to be rain and not snow. And then Easter we get a fresh blanket of snow. In mid april. This past may we had shorts weather and snow within a week of each other. She's drunk or high, and I can't really tell which, but after this scorching summer I could use some cold weather.

I'm surprised you're getting snow. We're practically neighbors and they're not projecting below freezing lows here.
No snow....Projecting flurries after next week but who knows. If they say its 10% chance of rain, its going to be a downpour.......90% chance of rain and its a perfect day....go figure...

·
Undertaker
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Climate change means everything gets a little more extreme. Hot gets hotter, cold gets colder, dry gets dryer, wet gets wetter, and storms become stormier. But if it guaranteed a temperately comfortable October, I'd be out there in my truck - fitted with aerosol turbo-boosters! lol
I don't need a guarantee, I will just take the weatherman's 10% chance.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
In Michigan we are expecting snow flurries next week. I don't know about you but I'm sick of the frigid weather during Halloween. I'm going to embrace diversity and suck up to Global Warming like a Hoover Vacuum cleaner.

I've purchased two SUV's and I'm burning multiple wood burner stoves in an effort to make Michigan in October like Florida in January. I'm enlisting all my friends and neighbors to do the same.

Please do your part......Buy a crossover vehicle or two, grab one of them big diesel Chevy 3500's you've always wanted; fly whenever possible, keep your thermostat on 75 degrees all year round. Use a corn or wood burner stoves for the house, shed and the dog house. Stop bagging leaves and burn them when ever possible.

Please do your part and help make Michigan warmer and safer for Halloween....

Thank you
Let's switch! I am sick of it being hot so late.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
That's why they are called weathermen. They don't know wether it's going to rain or wether it's going to be sunny. Just about the only job that you can be wrong 90% of the time and still keep your job.
Granted it is still a lot like reading entrails, but they get much closer than they used to. It's getting better every year as the models they go off of improve. The more data they have the better they will get. They just can't do really long term forecast well and climate change isn't helping because it's changing a lot of patterns that were fairly reliable for a while.

I'm kind of a weather nerd, and a trained storm spotter in TN, so I have to defend the NWS because they really are working hard to get better at this stuff. :p

1 - 20 of 36 Posts