Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Margarita Goddess
5,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since there are many of us who have "collections" of glasses, cups etc. Instead of hijacking the What did you buy today thread, lets share here!

Hello, my name is Bethany and I am a glassaholic.
0304141207.jpg
0304141205.jpg 0304141206.jpg
0304141207a.jpg 0304141208a.jpg

I am looking for a cabinet to put my Bar glassware in next to my bar. :)

·
Far Away Eyes
3,354 Posts
OK, trying to find pics of my Vasoline glass.

This last one is a little cat bowl from my SR Tannasgach in 2013.

These pieces contain a trace amount of Uranium, and glow under a black light. :cool: They say you should buy a little blacklight flashlight to take to estate sales, etc, to make sure the piece glows. Some of these green glass pieces are not actually Vasoline glass, and therefore do not glow.

·
Halloween Nut
2,941 Posts
I have some green depression glass. I had never heard of Vaseline glass before this forum a few months ago. Since depression glass was from a time before uranium was really known, I doubt my pieces glow. I'll post photo of the depression glass soon. I have two patterns, block optic, which is green, and a iris, which comes in many colors, but I have clear.

·
Far Away Eyes
3,354 Posts
I'm the goddess, Have you tried putting your green glass next to a black light? They do have that Vasoline glass look, which from what I understand was made during the Depression years.

·
Margarita Goddess
5,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is a huge collection, offmymeds. What are you going to do if it all glows under a black light?! LOL
She is going to share it with her Halloween Forum peeps!! ;)

I have a flourescent black light that fits in my purse & runs on batteries so I can check stuff before I buy. :D

·
Margarita Goddess
5,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also helpful before renting a room...:rolleyes:

Great collection, offmymeds. Those are fantastic sconces, too.
EWWWW I'd rather not do that. I'd never stay in ANY Hotel!! :p

·
Margarita Goddess
5,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It is actually a flourscent tube & I take it to see if items will glow under blacklight when I go shopping. I'll be buying new material for the Garage. We'll have fabric that will run on wires to hide the shelving so I want it to glow since garage will be lit in flourescent black light. And if I'm lucky enough to find some Vaseline glass. :D

·
Halloween Nut
2,941 Posts
You are 100% positive that it is not simply a touch of mold giving the plate that effect?:p

Tres magnifique. Nice collections, everyone.
could be mold. I'll never tell.

I have green depression glass as well.....no idea if it glows. I'll take a picture tonight. I have this one but its far away

View attachment 193062
Nice collection. I'm envious.

That is a huge collection, offmymeds. What are you going to do if it all glows under a black light?! LOL
She'll need to turn the black light on herself and see if she glows

She is going to share it with her Halloween Forum peeps!! ;)

I have a flourescent black light that fits in my purse & runs on batteries so I can check stuff before I buy. :D
We have one of those too. I should look for it.

Also helpful before renting a room...:rolleyes:
OMG Garthgoyle. As soon as I read that, the Wombats song, jump into the fog ran through my mind.
What a great achievement it was
To get a hotel room this late
I bet they charge by the hour here
The kind of place where you should bring your own UV ray

It's not a big problem with me, love
You don't look that hygienic anyway
I'm only here because
I wanna twist the structure of my average day

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/wombats/jumpintothefog.html

·
Halloween Nut
2,941 Posts
I'm the goddess, Have you tried putting your green glass next to a black light? They do have that Vasoline glass look, which from what I understand was made during the Depression years.
Well, I just took the two pieces to the basement where I have a black light and can turn off all the lights, and boy it fluoresces like you wouldn't believe. To think, I've eaten on those many times.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
OMG Garthgoyle. As soon as I read that, the Wombats song, jump into the fog ran through my mind.
What a great achievement it was
To get a hotel room this late
I bet they charge by the hour here
The kind of place where you should bring your own UV ray

It's not a big problem with me, love
You don't look that hygienic anyway
I'm only here because
I wanna twist the structure of my average day

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/wombats/jumpintothefog.html

I forgot about that song... Hilarious and so fitting:D

·
Halloween Nut
2,941 Posts
OK, trying to find pics of my Vasoline glass.

This last one is a little cat bowl from my SR Tannasgach in 2013.

These pieces contain a trace amount of Uranium, and glow under a black light. :cool: They say you should buy a little blacklight flashlight to take to estate sales, etc, to make sure the piece glows. Some of these green glass pieces are not actually Vasoline glass, and therefore do not glow.
i just love that ashtray. The color is so deep. I also love the cat because it's a cat.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
I love that ashtray too! I grabbed a cut crystal w/ gold trim smoking box way back when I was a teen from my grandparents stash. It stores 4-6 ashtrays inside, I forget how many exactly and it's packed away. I've always thought that smoking items would be worth money one day and since smoking is slowly becoming a thing of the past I might be right :)
I also have my grands(and maybe greatgrands) china collection . Whoever collected the pieces started with red rose dishes and added red and pink depression glass to it so I have several pieces. Here is my favorite one tho'

1 - 20 of 32 Posts