Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking for months now and finally decided to join. Everyone here seems so friendly and I really can't wait to get to know you all. But first, a little about me and my passion for Halloween and horror:

I was born in 1979 and grew up in a small town in West Virginia. From a young age, I can remember Halloween being my favorite holiday. There's truly something magical about Halloween night, there's a special feeling in the air that's different from every other night of the year. I fondly recall many dark, chilly late October nights going to Halloween parties, hayrides, and haunted houses. This was back before the 'politically correct' right-wing religious fanatics decided that Halloween was 'bad' and succeeded in taking it out of our schools. Just look at the happy expression on any child's face on Halloween and it's obvious that there's nothing wrong with it. Back then, it seemed to take forever for Halloween night to finally arrive, but when it finally did I was psyched! I can still recall the excitement of putting on my costume and heading out for hours of trick or treating fun. I'm no longer a child, but I think I actually love Halloween more now than I ever have. For quite a few years, I let work and other obligations get in the way. But no more, my wife and I had our first Halloween party together this past Halloween and all those old feelings came rushing back. I didn't have the time or resources to get things together quite as elaborately as I had hoped to, but after shopping the post-Halloween sales on November 1st, Halloween 2009 is going to be the greatest yet!

I'm also a huge fan of horror movies (and pretty much anything else horror related) with a collection that is steadily approaching 500 DVD's. Some say I'm obsessed, but I don't think I have a problem. :D My favorite series is Friday the 13th, so I'm really excited about the remake coming out in February. I really enjoy discussing horror movies and will most definitely be spending alot of time in the Horror Discussion sub-board.

Anyway, that's enough about me. I'm glad to be here and can't wait to meet you guys!

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Hi Greg.
Ghoulish greetings from across the Atlantic!!
I'm a "newbie" too..but it's real easy to fit in around here and there's loads of good advice and ideas.

Hold on to what sanity you've got, buddy...the rides about to begin!:eek::D

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
you got the drift of it, halloween is tops. we still do halloween in school as well, dress up and party. some churches have events that night as well. and after halloween sales rock. welcome aboard

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you got the drift of it, halloween is tops. we still do halloween in school as well, dress up and party. some churches have events that night as well. and after halloween sales rock. welcome aboard
Good to hear that Halloween is still celebrated in some schools. Around here, they have Fall Festivals in place of the Halloween parties. God forbid anybody actually use the word Halloween. :eek:

·
Reaper Queen
8,621 Posts
hello, Greg, welcome to the forum!! around my area most schools have fall festivals too, it is sad. but they do let the kids dress up yet, so that's cool. What gets me is the churches that have trunk or treat, or some other event that keeps kids away from TOTing. Any way, welcome. sorry about the mini rant, it is a pet peeve of mine!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts