Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have several random Halloween items that I've never used and have just been sitting in a box in my basement, so I've decided to give them away.

One lucky winner will receive all of the items pictured below.

Before I get into how to enter the giveaway here's a little backstory:

For my 2020 Halloween Party I've decided that I'm going to create a fake newspaper that I will delivery to everyones house, this will be the official invitation to the party. I've been writing some fake articles to fill up the paper, but I need some help. The general idea of the paper is in the style of The Onion, with some Halloween spice.

HOW TO ENTER: Propose an idea for an article for my paper. It can just be a headline, it can be more detailed, whatever. Doesn't necessarily need to be a Halloween specific idea.

I will choose the one I like the most and that will be the winner.

Included with the box of goodies I'll also include one of my severed toes that I made for last years Halloween party invites ( you can see them here )

Thanks!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Local resident exposed as Time Traveler ! January NFL playoff picks to correct to not have foreknowledge claims unnamed betting sight !
hahahaha, I like it!

I was hoping to get a few more entries in the first 24 hours, but we'll see. I'll keep this open for at least a few more days.

Thanks!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Here are a few:
1. "Recipe of the eek" with a recipe for a Witch's Potion or concoctions.
2. Funny obituaries with spooky names & bizarre cause of deaths.
3. Crossword puzzles or word searches with Halloween related words.
4. "Dear Scabby" column with advice for a reader's strange dilemma.

·
Registered
14 Posts
A headline reading "LOCAL HOUSE HAUNTED?"...with a picture of your house prominently shown just below it! This is where you can provide your "story" for your haunt, and also conclude the "article" with a line that states "residents are invited to see for themselves on [insert date and time of party here] when [insert your name here] hosts their annual Halloween bash" (or whatever you're planning to call it). I don't know if you have an actual story for your haunt theme this year, but I've found that doing a sort of blend of spooky and humorous works really well (think of the various tales incorporated into the Haunted Mansion...to me that is a great blend of creepy and funny).

If anyone in your home is dressing as original characters, do individual "articles" on them as well. If someone is dressing as a monster, do a story about a sighting. For example, if someone in your household does a wolf-man costume, have a headline with "Numerous Sightings of Werewolf Reported in Area". Heck, if someone is dressing as a sci-fi character, like a Stormtrooper, you can do an "article" with a headline like "Are Aliens Invading Our Town?".

I love stuff like this! When I was a kid I used to do "Newspapers" and "Magazines" as if they were for monsters to read. In 2004 I produced a play, and had the program designed like a supermarket tabloid featuring stories about the characters. Definitely share with us when you've worked this up! This should be a lot of fun to put together!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here are a few:
1. "Recipe of the eek" with a recipe for a Witch's Potion or concoctions.
2. Funny obituaries with spooky names & bizarre cause of deaths.
3. Crossword puzzles or word searches with Halloween related words.
4. "Dear Scabby" column with advice for a reader's strange dilemma.
great ideas! Love the idea of doing a crossword puzzle! Keep 'em coming everybody!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A headline reading "LOCAL HOUSE HAUNTED?"...with a picture of your house prominently shown just below it! This is where you can provide your "story" for your haunt, and also conclude the "article" with a line that states "residents are invited to see for themselves on [insert date and time of party here] when [insert your name here] hosts their annual Halloween bash" (or whatever you're planning to call it). I don't know if you have an actual story for your haunt theme this year, but I've found that doing a sort of blend of spooky and humorous works really well (think of the various tales incorporated into the Haunted Mansion...to me that is a great blend of creepy and funny).

If anyone in your home is dressing as original characters, do individual "articles" on them as well. If someone is dressing as a monster, do a story about a sighting. For example, if someone in your household does a wolf-man costume, have a headline with "Numerous Sightings of Werewolf Reported in Area". Heck, if someone is dressing as a sci-fi character, like a Stormtrooper, you can do an "article" with a headline like "Are Aliens Invading Our Town?".

I love stuff like this! When I was a kid I used to do "Newspapers" and "Magazines" as if they were for monsters to read. In 2004 I produced a play, and had the program designed like a supermarket tabloid featuring stories about the characters. Definitely share with us when you've worked this up! This should be a lot of fun to put together!!
Awesome ideas! Really got my gears turning

·
Registered
332 Posts
TERRORWORLD to open in 2020. Adult only park offers true terror in a secure environment. Corporate owner Umbrella Corporation offering terror on a whole new level using next gen software from Skynet corp.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Local B&B owners claim to have dimensional portal in there cellar. Guest interviewed claims no knowledge.

View attachment 727701

SORRY! Got very busy with work and let this slide for 6 more days then intended!

But I have to give it to you on this one, it's the official WINNER!!!!!

PM me your address and I'll send your prize right away!

Thank you to everyone who submitted their ideas. Looking forward to completing the newspaper and posting it here to get everyones feedback!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts