Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have several random Halloween items that I've never used and have just been sitting in a box in my basement, so I've decided to give them away.

One lucky winner will receive all of the items pictured below.

Before I get into how to enter the giveaway here's a little backstory:

For my 2020 Halloween Party I've decided that I'm going to create a fake newspaper that I will delivery to everyones house, this will be the official invitation to the party. I've been writing some fake articles to fill up the paper, but I need some help. The general idea of the paper is in the style of The Onion, with some Halloween spice.

HOW TO ENTER: Propose an idea for an article for my paper. It can just be a headline, it can be more detailed, whatever. Doesn't necessarily need to be a Halloween specific idea.

I will choose the one I like the most and that will be the winner.

Included with the box of goodies I'll also include one of my severed toes that I made for last years Halloween party invites ( you can see them here )

Thanks!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Local resident exposed as Time Traveler ! January NFL playoff picks to correct to not have foreknowledge claims unnamed betting sight !
hahahaha, I like it!

I was hoping to get a few more entries in the first 24 hours, but we'll see. I'll keep this open for at least a few more days.

Thanks!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Here are a few:
1. "Recipe of the eek" with a recipe for a Witch's Potion or concoctions.
2. Funny obituaries with spooky names & bizarre cause of deaths.
3. Crossword puzzles or word searches with Halloween related words.
4. "Dear Scabby" column with advice for a reader's strange dilemma.

·
Registered
9 Posts
A headline reading "LOCAL HOUSE HAUNTED?"...with a picture of your house prominently shown just below it! This is where you can provide your "story" for your haunt, and also conclude the "article" with a line that states "residents are invited to see for themselves on [insert date and time of party here] when [insert your name here] hosts their annual Halloween bash" (or whatever you're planning to call it). I don't know if you have an actual story for your haunt theme this year, but I've found that doing a sort of blend of spooky and humorous works really well (think of the various tales incorporated into the Haunted Mansion...to me that is a great blend of creepy and funny).

If anyone in your home is dressing as original characters, do individual "articles" on them as well. If someone is dressing as a monster, do a story about a sighting. For example, if someone in your household does a wolf-man costume, have a headline with "Numerous Sightings of Werewolf Reported in Area". Heck, if someone is dressing as a sci-fi character, like a Stormtrooper, you can do an "article" with a headline like "Are Aliens Invading Our Town?".

I love stuff like this! When I was a kid I used to do "Newspapers" and "Magazines" as if they were for monsters to read. In 2004 I produced a play, and had the program designed like a supermarket tabloid featuring stories about the characters. Definitely share with us when you've worked this up! This should be a lot of fun to put together!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here are a few:
1. "Recipe of the eek" with a recipe for a Witch's Potion or concoctions.
2. Funny obituaries with spooky names & bizarre cause of deaths.
3. Crossword puzzles or word searches with Halloween related words.
4. "Dear Scabby" column with advice for a reader's strange dilemma.
great ideas! Love the idea of doing a crossword puzzle! Keep 'em coming everybody!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A headline reading "LOCAL HOUSE HAUNTED?"...with a picture of your house prominently shown just below it! This is where you can provide your "story" for your haunt, and also conclude the "article" with a line that states "residents are invited to see for themselves on [insert date and time of party here] when [insert your name here] hosts their annual Halloween bash" (or whatever you're planning to call it). I don't know if you have an actual story for your haunt theme this year, but I've found that doing a sort of blend of spooky and humorous works really well (think of the various tales incorporated into the Haunted Mansion...to me that is a great blend of creepy and funny).

If anyone in your home is dressing as original characters, do individual "articles" on them as well. If someone is dressing as a monster, do a story about a sighting. For example, if someone in your household does a wolf-man costume, have a headline with "Numerous Sightings of Werewolf Reported in Area". Heck, if someone is dressing as a sci-fi character, like a Stormtrooper, you can do an "article" with a headline like "Are Aliens Invading Our Town?".

I love stuff like this! When I was a kid I used to do "Newspapers" and "Magazines" as if they were for monsters to read. In 2004 I produced a play, and had the program designed like a supermarket tabloid featuring stories about the characters. Definitely share with us when you've worked this up! This should be a lot of fun to put together!!
Awesome ideas! Really got my gears turning

·
Registered
324 Posts
TERRORWORLD to open in 2020. Adult only park offers true terror in a secure environment. Corporate owner Umbrella Corporation offering terror on a whole new level using next gen software from Skynet corp.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts