Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...I wanna pick your brains on this one...lol
Anyone here know of where I could get some instructions for about a 12 foot gigantic python prop? Can't seem to find any online. Any help is much appreciated!

·
Registered
250 Posts
I searched the forum and couldn't find a tutorial for a giant snake -- but for starters I found snakeskin fabric on eBay for pretty cheap and a comes to mind for a body -- maybe pad a dryer hose with some bubble wrap or something and cover it with snakeskin fabric -- don't have any ideas for a head right now . . .:rolleyes:

·
sasquatch
3,076 Posts
I think Effie has the perfect idea. To make the head, paper mece over a ball, then cut it in half for the moth. End the tube to a tapered end with paper meche at the end of the dryer pipe and cover the whole thing with the snake skin from E-Bay or paint it.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I don't have a how-to, necessarily, but my buddy's home haunt featured a huge snake several years ago. Here's some photos of the overall construction of the haunt, and there's some in there of the snake as well. The on-the-ground snake body was chicken wire, and the upright part and head were made of dense urethane foam (I'm guessing. It wasn't styrofoam).

View attachment 5923

View attachment 5924

The theme was 'Adventure', and it sorta Indiana Jones-ish. The snake was controlled with 2 air cylinders, and had orange christmas light eyes. After it 'struck' at the guests, they were chased out through a neat ~8' Stargate with cool hieroglyphics symbols that lit up in sequence. All was controlled using VSA and a couple serial relay boards I made.

- Hook

·
Registered
496 Posts
Then add the spitter from the Village Haunt How To...and you'll have a spitting cobra...

Thne spitter works great following the directions supplied.

Dennis

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome! Thanks guys for all the GREAT Ideas!!

·
Registered
250 Posts
STOLLOWEEN Pumpkins

I was just checking out Stolloween's site with how-tos on paper mache pumpkins, and if you cursor down the page, he shows how to do a snake -- the head is really nice -- I'm sure it could be done on a much larger scale!:eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts