Halloween Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello...first time poster...long time haunter.

I have been wanting to make a large size jack-o'-lantern for my yard display. I would like it to be large yet simple jack. Its going to be elevated above a 10x8 ft front porch sitting on a level roof.

I did some research and found a few good sites with instructions. (not allowed to post links yet sorry)

These just aren't what I'm looking for though. Last month I scored some 51" Giga Balls for $10 on clearance at my local big box store.

Size wise, this could work nicely, however I'm quite a novice when it comes to how I can cover the ball and decorate it to look like a jack-o'-lantern. I've thought about simply covering it with an orange, king size bed sheet and gluing black fabric for a simple eyes-nose-mouth. The sheet will have to be pulled tighter on the front by pulling the excess fabric to the rear and securing it somehow.

The Giga Ball has two openings so I've also thought about using LED lighting on the inside to illuminate it.

If anyone has any ideas on how I can create this using other methods I would really appreciate the input.

Much Appreciated,

-Casey

1 - 1 of 1 Posts