Halloween Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my introduction to corpsing with plastic drop cloth and a heat gun, never did it before. Took about two hours to get the type of coverage I wanted. Took two rolls of drop cloth as I doubled, tripled and quadrupled thickness in various sections, also, knotting took up a lot. You knot the drop cloth to make the lumpy meat sections on the arms and legs. I used minwax gel stain for color, honey maple and walnut. The walnut covers first time, the honey maple required 3- 4 separate coats and it takes several days to dry. I think on my next one I will try adding a bit of dark red stain. I dremeled out the teeth and replaced them with acrylic teeth from Amazon. I had to file the ends down and used guerrilla glue in a tube to set them. The glazed over eye Which I also bought on amazon, fit in well with the head.
The gibbit was made with plastic trim found at home depot, its a bit brittle so be carefull bending it. Also it comes in 2 widths, do not get the wider trim as it will crack when you try to bend it. I used a 38 inch dia. floor and top piece, but the trim cracked, so I went with 40 inches and had no cracks. I think I will cut the gibbit down a few inches. Once everything was painted it only took a couple of hours to make.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts