Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a Costco Skelly when we met...but after an afternoon in my laboratory... He is currently 'hangin' out', waiting for my wife to pull into the garage...

photo-3.jpg photo-4.jpg photo-5.jpg photo-6.jpg photo-10.jpg photo-8.jpg

The Tutorial is one many here will already know, check out Stiltbeast studios youtube channel for the corpsing. The Gibbet was nothing more than plastic trim, 8' long sold at Rona, bolted together with 5 gallon bucket lids for the top and bottom with plastic chain (not shown) to suspend it. A black base coat was applied with nickel and rust highlights to follow.

Many thanks to Allen Hopps for taking the time to post his tutorials...ya' gotta' love Halloween!

P.S.- Sorry for the side shots...so here's some more of the finished product and gallows construction. I used pegs fashioned from rebar to keep the gallows vertical as shown.
photo-14.jpg photo-15.jpg photo-16.jpg

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just a Costco Skelly when we met...but after an afternoon in my laboratory... He is currently 'hangin' out', waiting for my wife to pull into the garage...

View attachment 212251 View attachment 212252 View attachment 212254 View attachment 212258 View attachment 212259 View attachment 212260

The Tutorial is one many here will already know, check out Stiltbeast studios youtube channel for the corpsing. The Gibbet was nothing more than plastic trim, 8' long sold at Rona, bolted together with 5 gallon bucket lids for the top and bottom with plastic chain (not shown) to suspend it. A black base coat was applied with nickel and rust highlights to follow.

Many thanks to Allen Hopps for taking the time to post his tutorials...ya' gotta' love Halloween!
awesome work......just to make it even more awesome would be to alter the images so they all are the right direction. I got a sore neck trying to follow them all :)

however nice work, i will be adding a few of these into my haunt

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks for posting this. This is a great reminder that most store bought props are made better by working them over a bit. I'm a little embarrassed to say that last year I used a Costco skeleton straight out of the box...how boring!

·
Registered
59 Posts
This guy looks fantastic! Way to go, I might even try that out myself. I have so many projects on the go right now though. I probably should finish a few of those first *chuckle*.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Looks great man! I planned on making those with 2" blind slats, but lime the trim you used much better. I will have to check and see if the Rona around here sells it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's more expensive, but a more robust build with the trim. The rigidity and thickness of the material lend well to the overall shape and I've seen pics with blinds as the medium looking a little limp which spoils the look. Thanks for your kind comments and good luck with your build!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
That looks awesome! What did your wife do when she pulled into the garage & saw that? Ha ha ha! That would be something my Hubster would leave out to startle me with, and he'd be hiding somewhere with a video camera to catch my reaction! :p

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think the response was along the lines of, "Honey, I can't pull into the garage, your corpse is in the way". Another in a long list of sentences she never thought she would have to utter before she met me...;) Thanks for the lovely compliment!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts