Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EDIT: Frame to hang it from is built. See post farther down the page.

Just finished the cage, and dropped a skelly inside. Rusting this thing up sure was a mess. :D Now trying to decide the best way to display it. Thinking about making a frame to hang it from out of a 4x4x12' post. Not sure I want to dig a hole in my yard to do it though. :/

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,504 Posts
wow! Very impressive! The rust finish is spot on! I hear you on the 4x4 post but ya know, it WOULD look very cool! Those holes fill in nicely!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Here is a picture of how I hung mine.

20130929_143757.jpg

You can kind of see how the base is set up, I didn't dig a hole for mine. I drilled a hole in the bottom of the main pole. I then put rebar into the ground and set the pole on top of that. Then I put a brace on each side and screw them into the main post. I also drilled a hole at each end of each brace and put rebar through that. I also have 2 braces at the bottom screwed to the main post with rebar through them as well. I probably over did it a little but it is solid.

·
Undertaker
3,206 Posts

View attachment 179385

You can kind of see how the base is set up, I didn't dig a hole for mine. I drilled a hole in the bottom of the main pole. I then put rebar into the ground and set the pole on top of that. Then I put a brace on each side and screw them into the main post. I also drilled a hole at each end of each brace and put rebar through that. I also have 2 braces at the bottom screwed to the main post with rebar through them as well. I probably over did it a little but it is solid.
Looks really good

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow! Very impressive! The rust finish is spot on! I hear you on the 4x4 post but ya know, it WOULD look very cool! Those holes fill in nicely!
Thanks Jdubbya, but I think I'm going to take an easy way out this year.

Building one of those is on my ever growing to do list. Do you have any in progress pics?
Sadly no. I'm terrible at taking progress pics.

View attachment 179385

Nicely done. I thought of doing that with braces also. I think I'm going to bolt it to my fence/fence post in my skelly area. Then brace the fence post with a 2x4 behind the fence. You can see my craptastic cage from last year. I couldn't find the pvc molding last year, so I used some wood lattice. It broke apart as I built it, so I just sprayed it black, and chucked it on the ground and called it good for last year. This new one is what I really wanted to do. :D

·
Registered
854 Posts
skid_68 - Nicely done! Even on the ground it looks cool - it has that POW feel about it. (My apologies to any actual POWs if you're offended)
I think one of those is in order for my display. I too would be interested on learning what materials you used in construction.
I also invite you (and anyone else) to look at my version in my one and only album.
HM

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Really great prop , i too have been trying to get the time with my other prop projects to try a jibbet but have not got around to it , after seeing yours wish i had now , maybe next year , i really really like the look it , you have aged it so well .

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks guys! I have since moved the impaled skelly to the other side of the cage, and behind my cauldron creep to get a better overall view. :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts