Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Minister of Macabre
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to find anywhere I can buy Large, quality Tombstones and Monuments. Does anyone know where to look or have any recommendations online? They seem to be harder and harder to find and most haunt vendors are discontinuing them.

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Mr N..They really aren't that difficult to make yourself. There are plenty of good tombstone tutorials and how-to's here on the forum and elsewhere on the web.

For a little insight into what can be achieved, go check out Terra's profile, or Stolloween's website. OK..you'll probably think "I could never do that in a million years"...but I think most of us felt that way when we started prop building. You'll be amazed at what you can actually achieve!

Maybe start with some smaller tombstones, and scale up as you gain experience and confidence.

You will find the members here more than willing to give any help or advice you may need if you decide to go this route.

Best of luck!

·
Hauntless
8,343 Posts
Thanks Baron for the nice compliment.

Mr. Nightmare, last year I was in the same boat as you. All I found were OK tombstones and they were pretty pricey to boot. So, I set out to make my own and happily discovered that they are not hard to do at all. They take some time but if you wanted to do a quick and dirty version you can pump them out rather quickly. Here is a link to a tutorial I made of how to make large, realistic tombstones if you are interested: Halloween Forum - Terra's Album: Tutorial: Ancient Tombstones

Here is a company that I found that is pretty close to realistic-looking. I haven't bought one but I've seen a few of them here in pictures. In fact, I've used many of their designs as a template for my own: Movie quality tombstone props for your Halloween cemetery and graveyard display. - MostlyDead.com

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Here is a company that I found was pretty close to realistic-looking. I haven't bought one but I've seen a few of them here in pictures. In fact, I used many of their designs as a template for my own: Movie quality tombstone props for your Halloween cemetery and graveyard display. - MostlyDead.com
They have a .co.uk website as well, but they carry only a small fraction of the stuff available in the USA and Canada, and no large props (No surprise there).:(

Anyhoo.. the .com site is a good source of inspiration for making your own.

Thanks for the link Terra.

·
The Minister of Macabre
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Most of my Large Stones that I have, I made myself using Foam Board and Monster Mud. This year it been hard to find the time to make new ones, so Im looking for a place that sells them. But you guys are right, making them yourself is the way to go. Terra, your work is awesome! and your stones look great. (I will defiantly check your tutorials. especially love the mourner). Thanks for the links Shadow and Baron, that's what I have been looking for!

·
1031 Props
1,052 Posts
They are so easy to make and homemade ones stand out way better than store bought ones. They do take some time to make though. I highly reccomend a wood burning tool.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts