Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping some of you might have some suggestions for me.

This past year I built some large 12 foot octopus tentacles out of 14 inch diameter insulated flexible air ducting. The look was ok but I would like to build something more permenant and durable.

Here's what I'm looking to have to use every year.

4 or 6 tentacles that will vary in length and curved shape. THe shortest would be 10 feet long and the longest maybe 16 feet.

They need to have some level of realistic detail like suckers and textures for painting.

Light enough to be carried by on or two people. I'm thinking that these will at least have a partial sleeve so they can fit onto a pipe set into the ground.

I'm thinking that something like foam filled latex might be what I'm looking to build but don't have experience in that area of prop making so I lack the perspective of whether it's a viable path.

I'm ok with spending a little money on this since it will last for a long time but I obviously want to keep it reasonable

I'd love to hear how some of you might approach this project...off I'm nuts thinking I can pull this off.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
I know this isn't what you are looking for, but Allen Hopps came up with a cheap and clever way of making animated tentacles. If you want them bigger, imagine one made out of plastic sand pails from the dollar store.

·
Registered
410 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts