Halloween Forum banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
So this is an almost finished spider leg prototype. I spray painted the pvc black, then after cutting the burlap so it starts to fall apart and the fibers spike up, i spray adhesive on to the pipe, then wrap the burlap loosely leaving space to then spray great stuff underneath and on the sides of it. The great stuff comes out of the holes in the burlap giving it that texture of squares you see. Then spray paint it all black some more.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Looking good Rania! How many yards of burlap were needed to cover the legs? I need to go pick some up for myself today. Also, you used spray adhesive to apply the burlap to the pvc? Does it stick really well or can it be pulled off easily after the spray adhesive is used?

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I bought a roll from Lowe's and used half of it. I cut it into strips across the width of the fabric, then roughed the edges to give it an exaggerated hairy edge by pulling the fibers apart. The spray adhesive gives you some room to work with, but if you are doing the Great Stuff technique, glue the burlap on very loosely, leaving pockets.

And I have also uploaded a 38 second clip of the burlap & Great Stuff technique. Full video coming next week.

·
Imitation Imagineer
1,099 Posts
So this is an almost finished spider leg prototype. I spray painted the pvc black, then after cutting the burlap so it starts to fall apart and the fibers spike up, i spray adhesive on to the pipe, then wrap the burlap loosely leaving space to then spray great stuff underneath and on the sides of it. The great stuff comes out of the holes in the burlap giving it that texture of squares you see. Then spray paint it all black some more.

That is just straight-up creepy...awesome!

21 - 40 of 60 Posts