Halloween Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
That is freaking awesome!!!! Love, Love, Love it. OMG!! I want a spider like that. Do you have any pics of how you built the body framework? Or a link to where you got the idea for the body framework? That hair on it just puts that beast over the top. Great job!!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
That is freaking awesome!!!! Love, Love, Love it. OMG!! I want a spider like that. Do you have any pics of how you built the body framework? Or a link to where you got the idea for the body framework? That hair on it just puts that beast over the top. Great job!!!
This thread has lots of pictures of the pieces used to make it. Nothing special. The only thing I wish I did was make the tail body hallow as it weighs the body back/down which required a bit of the adjustment of the stand. I did make a video of how I added the hair to the legs. Tutorial video

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
Some recently asked me about the hair, so here is link to amazon hair I used. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G5Z351K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I would cut them in half, and then split each half into 4-8 groups to paste on the legs and torso.

The ball joints are large ball ornaments from Dollar store.
  1. For the legs I used a pool noddle, which split down middle and wrapped around legs. Didn't cover the entire leg, but the opening was on the underside.
  2. I then covered in a stocking (again dollar store - try to get black or brown).
  3. I then spray painted the legs
  4. Then I shrink wrapped (corpsed) the legs
  5. Then added hair using 3m adhesive spary to glue/stick the hair. - very messy.
For the leg joints I used adjustable PVC joints. after thought I think some of them could of been replaced with non-adjustable joints and only used the joints where I needed. I'm tempted to 3D model some of the joints as the adjustable joints are like $4 a pc.

Another thought, after the process is I should of made the body "hallow" as it is the heaviest part and I think made me add some extra base. Another thought as typing this up, is maybe to make the two body parts a single piece.

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
Thankfully this thread was resurrected. I bought the gigantic spider from HomeDepot and have to say yours looks even better! That hair really takes it to another level. So did you scare off any ToTers to your house last year LOL?!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
It poured rain all night, only had 50 visitors, but several came to take pictures with their kids next to the spider.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts