Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Keeper of Spider Hill
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I got my spider and Boris up and running together. Took a quick video of it tonight. I couldn't take it in the dark like I wanted, but hopefully you get the idea. On Halloween all of the lightning will go out and strobes above the spider will come on. I've still got a little tweaking to do, but I am happy with it so far. :D

I also wanted to say a big thanks to Dusza Beben for taking the time to make my Boris track for me. ;)

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
That is a perfect surprise! You did a great setup. Is that a 3 axis skull? Did you do it yourself? The voice and jaws are so perfectly working together. Ohhh yeah, I'm jealouse!

·
Keeper of Spider Hill
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is a perfect surprise! You did a great setup. Is that a 3 axis skull? Did you do it yourself? The voice and jaws are so perfectly working together. Ohhh yeah, I'm jealouse!
Thanks for the positive feedback. I wanted to build something that would surprise the Tots. Last year most all of my effort was spent on stuff for the yard and lighting. I did not have anything that "Scary" . At one point in the night I overheard a little girl say " I thought there was going to be something scary..." That did it for me. I hope she comes back this year. :D

No, that is just a hacked talking Boris running off of a hacked Sony Discman. He works pretty well overall and there are only a few small spots on the track where the movement is off, but I think I can live with that. :)

·
Keeper of Spider Hill
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OMG!! Just WOW! Amazing job..I'm jealous!

Thanks Dr. M, and kudos to you for your animated zombie. You and the others here that have made them have convinced me that I need an "undead" to be on my list of props for next year. ;) I'll be lucky if mine turns out half as lively as yours.

Sheepies, the spider is all air powered and controlled by a stand alone controller. The whole thing is actually triggered by wireless remote. I have 2 buttons on my transmitter, 1 for Boris, and 1 for the spider. I wanted to have some cotrol over the routine just incase a Tot doesn't make it through Boris, I can avoid traumatizing them further with Spidey. :D

·
Registered
309 Posts
That is really cool! I was waiting for a spider to drop down or something but never saw it coming from behind. Nice work! I dont think anyone will hear the last part of the boris talking as they will be half way down the street once that goes off!

·
Bête noire
2,631 Posts
Too much!! I was expecting a spider to drop down in Boris' lap or something like that. Yes, you are going to have wet costumes this year. Clean control panel, BTW, and very solid construction.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts