Halloween Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am starting a new project for NEXT Halloween and was hoping to get some advice from fellow prop builders. I want to make a giant skull, somewhere around 4 foot wide by 8 feet high to hang on my house. Early thoughts on construction have been to use pvc for the frame and a combination of chickenwire, cheese cloth and spray foam. What I am looking to make it something similar to what Haunted Overload has done, see the link below for a picture. Does anyone have any suggestions other than pvc for the framework? I am not really sure what the best way to frame this prop out would be before covering it with spray foam (spray foam may not even be the best option, still thinking about that to). I want it to be light and hold up in rainy conditions. How would you go about consturcting one of these? Any thoughts or advice would be great! Thanks!

http://hauntedoverload.com/Photo/2005/HPIM1869.htm

·
Registered
1 Posts
i made a 14ft skull completely out of cardboard and newspaper/ papier mache in 98. it was kind of blobby but we had side columns holding up a sheet of plywoodand once the kull was placed, it settled into skull form. The lower jaw sections basically just stood on their own. Photograph Guillotine Black-and-white Photography

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.