Halloween Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this guy is almost done. I’ll post a video once I get the full audio and light show working, but it’s raining outside, so I’m going to start with what I’ve got.

This year I wanted to do something loosely inspired by the Haunted Mansion singing busts, but at a bigger scale and with a more personal touch.

During the day, he’s a fairly standard big reaper. (For scale Happy Halloween tombstone is 5ft tall)

Plant Sky Tree Cemetery Land lot

At dusk the face animation starts-

Plant Handwriting Tree Gesture Headstone

White Font Bone Skull Space

Once I get the audio up, I’ll post a full video.

·
Registered
533 Posts
That’s an excellent idea! Funny thing is, my 10 reapers skull face got melted this summer when it was left out during the 115 degree weather we had this summer. I may have to try something similar to save him from being cannibalized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here’s the video of him singing “Ghostbusters”. Also sings “Werewolves of London”, “Monster Mash” etc.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wanted to include some build photos:

The head is built from pink foam
Umbrella Purple Hood Green Motor vehicle

Basic form cut with hot knife, brows built up by wood putty, sanded down with surform shaper. Then coated with drylok and tea-stained / dry-brushed.

Hands were 1/2 inch PVC bent with a heat gun into fingers and coated with many layers of plastic (similar to corpsing techniques).

Plant Sculpture Wood Ceiling Art

Daytime Plant Building Window Tree

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The real magic comes in with the Raspberry Pi.
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Circuit component Automotive exterior Electrical wiring

It runs a python program that plays a series of videos in response to triggering of the PIR sensor and a capacitative touch sensor on a metal lantern. The videos are projected onto the face giving the illusion of a talking face that interacts with visitors.

Plant Tree Motor vehicle Wood Grass

1 - 5 of 5 Posts