Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting there! This head is about 4 feet tall and 3 feet wide. I am about to go get fabric for the eyes and mouth. I am also going to make him a big creepy hat and then, well, it is the enormous task of making his body and getting fog to come out of his mouth from 20' in the air.

Step-by-step Pics on page 3!!

UPDATE 10/12:

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome pumpkin monster! Is he gonna be in your haunted garden?
Thanks! Yes he is going to be right at the front in the new exhibit. We are getting 150 pumpkins, 100 straw bales, hundreds of corn stalks and more pumpkin monsters and scarecrows. Hopefully it is epic.

·
The Mrs. to a MysterE
2,361 Posts
Holy Moly!! That pumpkin is KING!! I once knew a guy who built a sailboat in his garage.... I think you know the end of that story... Good luck Rania - looks amazing!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Its looking great, I love the shape and how evil he looks. Hopefully you can get it out to the yard. Im so far behind on my props not even funny.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That a pretty damned good start.

Might have to get him out the window, yeah?

What are your thoughts on structure for the body? Sticking with chicken wire?
Thanks yall!

Ghost Town, yes i have to take the screen off the window and bring him through there. As for the structure, i am really not sure yet. I know he needs very long arms and some form of a torso, but i doubt i will have time to give him legs. Since he is the scarecrow variety, he can have a post run down to the ground with a combination of black fabric, burlap and sticks. I know when i install him I will start by hoisting the head up with a pulley and attach a body as it is going up. The hands will probably be sticks and corn stalks. The hat will be chicken wire and fabric.

I could use some ideas for the torso frame.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its looking great, I love the shape and how evil he looks. Hopefully you can get it out to the yard. Im so far behind on my props not even funny.
I hear ya. I have so much stuff to build, i get anxiety every day. Just keep swimming.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
tis where she got de ideer........ ;)
hehe yes thanks to Ghost Town!

I was/ am in awe of Haunted Overload because i like props BIG. I decorated nightclubs for a decade and i used to make lots of props on a very large scale that would hang from ceilings or sit on stages. That is actually how i got into haunting because i was booked for Halloween parties and started building my inventory that way, but then left nightclubs all together. Now i just want my props bigger and bigger. Haunted OVerload is INSANE and i wanted to make their 10-foot pumpkin, but i don't have enough time, nor can i afford to hire a spray foam company like they do.

I also don't have heavy machinery to put telephone poles in the ground, but one day oh yes! Thanks again Ghost Town :) you kind of rule.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts