Halloween Forum banner

Giant inflatable tentacles

678 6
This popped up as a targeted ad for me and I’m curious if anyone has any input. Even though it’s listed on Etsy and ships from the US / am I setting myself up for an expensive disappointment if I order it? Has anyone else ordered this or something similar? I have plans to go BIG next year with an under water / aquatic themed halloween display.

Blue Font Terrestrial plant Screenshot Electric blue
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
212 Posts
A good number of companies have jumped on this aquatic bandwagon in the last year. Unfortunately, as you pointed out, quality could be quite hit/miss.

So I checked out Amazon's site for them to see their buyer reviews (because you'll get a lot more input from customers there than from other sites. And Amazon doesn't edit out the bad ones.) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X9ZL8Z1?th=1
Most buyers were happy, the main problem being motor failure (not stability, ease of use, or quality of fabric).

As my dad used to say, you have the luxury of time. You can wait to see if additional sources / products become available or improvements are made to the current stock.

Related to the other topic, I bought a product from a company based on its glowing reviews. (repro WWI helmet.) It was total junk. After a line of BS from the merchant that low quality is a good thing, I was told I could send it back at my cost. I posted my negative review on their site. Like a Halloween ghost - poof - it was gone a week later. I checked out the rest of their site and its filled with only 5 star reviews for all their products. Invidiously deceptive. Buyer beware.

Greetings of the solstice. ⛄
Snow Plant Calabaza Pumpkin Freezing

· Registered
584 Posts
Only getting a single tentacle for 400 seems steep to me. All four? I'd probably jump on it as I love this idea so much.

Think about how cool they would be if they were like a car dealership "flapping man" and they moved around constantly. That would be dope.

· Registered
212 Posts
Here is a Make magazine article on making them from thin plastic. Yeah they are not as colorful, cool or durable as the $400 one. But for $400 you could make dozens. I ran a trial with some dollar store green table clothes and it worked, but box fans are cheap in the summer and virtually disappear around fall, well at least cheap ones, so I never made them. But thanks for bringing back the memory, maybe for 2023.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts