Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
The Duke of Spook
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been delaying the upload of these pics. While our Halloween turned out great this year, it's sort of the same as last year save for the change in layout and the addition of a few simple things. We were quite lazy and chose to go with what we had due to time constraints and frankly, my outright procrastination.

As seen in the pics to follow, we went with a single witch that was modified from last year slightly, but added a bunch of dead trees that we found and painted black to look scorched and evil, and then hung many witch jars from them. They really turned out. We also sprinkled in standing corn stalks again to add depth. Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
264 Posts
This is tubular. I love this set up. To me, this is the epitome of Halloween. The dead trees, dead cornstalks, very earthy feel and the lighting. This is what I am going for next year, except instead of the witch more of a dead harvest feel. Well done!

·
The Duke of Spook
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Drilled a hole in the bottom and pounded in half inch rebar. About 18 inches when into the ground. Held up fine, though we had no major winds this year. Even then, I think they would have held. The trees were very, very dry and light.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Spooktacular display. Your lighting and the witch jars are amazing. Do you use candles in the jars or led's ?
A Breathtaking display for sure, glad to hear your weather was better this year.

·
The Duke of Spook
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Spooktacular display. Your lighting and the witch jars are amazing. Do you use candles in the jars or led's ?
A Breathtaking display for sure, glad to hear your weather was better this year.
Candles.

Thanks all.

·
Psychic or Psychotic?
714 Posts
Better late then never.

Sometimes you need to step back and just go with what you have. I totally agree with doing the same theme with slight modifications and new accents, sometimes it's the small improvements that are even more fun to do.

Awesome setup GT!

·
Protector of the winged
1,491 Posts
I'm amazed how well you captured "Halloween" even while procrastinating. I guess when I procrastinate, I usually take it to the extreme and hardly get anything done. What I do get done lacks the heart I would normally put into it. You still managed to pull it off and have it look beautiful. BRAVO!

·
The Duke of Spook
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Great Job!!

how did you get those colors to stand out like that
There are four floods and one pin spot within the cameras view there. A lot of light pointed at the camera in one shot. Plus fire from the tiki torches. Couple that with a well timed fog drift rolling through and I guess that's what you get. It's actually the reverse of what I was going for, as you can see all the lights are pointed right in your face.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts