Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
The Duke of Spook
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GhostTown Halloween - 2012 Photo Update

UPDATE, LOOK TO POST #65, a lot more photos have been added.

We're pretty much done setting up. Still tinkering with the lights a bit, and I haven't done anything with fog yet but it's always a gamble with wind.

·
The Duke of Spook
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
GhostTown Halloween - 2012 Photo Update

I just realized that some of my pics didn't upload correctly, so I'll add more later. Might add some more if the fog turns out as well.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Ghosttown!!!! This is just absolutely spectacular! And you used the sentinels! YAY! I still think you are insane for even THINKING about selling them. The one that is holding his head from going crazy is AWESOME! Seriously, the corn, the skulls in the corn, the witch! LOVETY LOVE LOVE! I just installed my corn exhibit this weekend, now you are making me want to add some skulls to it!

Beautious :)

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,469 Posts
I don't think you have to "tinker" with anything. It looks stunning. This rivals Pumpkinrot's stuff. The way everything is placed and posed, the lights and detail, Excellent! Your witches are uber creepy. Love this!

·
Crawling in my skin
2,236 Posts
I agree nothing else has to be done! Amazing placement of everything......love the witch's spellbook and stand very clever!!!

·
The Duke of Spook
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And you used the sentinels! YAY! I still think you are insane for even THINKING about selling them.
Thanks. We are still going to get rid of them though. I'll cheap sell'em after Halloween, or maybe trade them. We'll see. I'm dying to do something different.

·
The Mrs. to a MysterE
2,337 Posts
It is truly wonderful! So clever and creepy at the same time! How on earth did you get those cornstalks to each stand up? Rebar? Nice job and it is perfect as it is! Hope the fog works out and the winds aren't too strong!

·
Registered
328 Posts
The whole thing is amazing. I was curious about the giant stone stand for the witches. I am guessing you built that. Where do you store something like that? The raised stone really seems to add to a sense that all the monstrous mischief in your yard stems from the chantings of those wicked sisters. Brilliant!

·
Protector of the winged
1,491 Posts
You, Sir... are an incredible artist! Not only are the objects perfection but, the placement too. I wouldn't be surprised if your display ended up in the Statesmen or Channel 7. Congrats ahead of time ;)

·
The Duke of Spook
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the kind comments. :)

These guys are ADORABLE.
Thanks. We took some short cuts on these pumpkin heads since our intent is to throw them away after 10-31. Two Layers of paper mache was a little too thin, so the light is bleeding through. :eek:

It is truly wonderful! So clever and creepy at the same time! How on earth did you get those cornstalks to each stand up? Rebar? Nice job and it is perfect as it is! Hope the fog works out and the winds aren't too strong!
Thank you. We used a rebar concept, only with a much smaller metal rod stuck up inside the cornstalk, then down into the ground.

Amazing job on the whole thing. What really stands out to me is you have such expression out of all the poses!
Thanks! Pose, proportions, and paint are our three biggest targets when building. If you get those three, it doesn't matter what you build, it should be cool. If one of them is out then everything really begins to get disjointed, IMO.

The whole thing is amazing. I was curious about the giant stone stand for the witches. I am guessing you built that. Where do you store something like that? The raised stone really seems to add to a sense that all the monstrous mischief in your yard stems from the chantings of those wicked sisters. Brilliant!
We did build it. It's a chicken wire form around two sheets of OSB that is covered in spray foam, then painted. It'll go to the landfill the weekend following Hween. It's sitting on kitty litter buckets. Hehehe..... :eek: We really focused on being disposable this year.

Wickedly awesome! Did you make all that stuff yourself?
Yes, my wife and I both made everything but the skeletons. Them's Wallys. :D

1 - 20 of 100 Posts