Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen the movie yet...i know it has been out for awhile ..but i just watch it last night...loved it..I was scared a couple of times...thank god for my cat and pillow...

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Thank God for your Cat And Pillow?
Are you implying that when the Monsters came upon the scene that you pushed Kitty and Pillow toward the monster and sacrificed them so that you may live?
Over the years my cat. Mister Tuxedo has become very hardy when it comes to being frightened.
I will never forget the first time he saw the Microwaved Hampster come out of his microwave into the kitchen! ("Kitty" was running fast!)hahahaha!

"My Insanity is well-respected, until they wiggle free and become a stringer for a tabloid"

·
Registered
850 Posts
I loved Ghostship! We got lucky and Netflicks sent it the first day it came out. My wife wasn't pleased with the nightmares she had when she went to bed though. Dark Castle really knows how to make my kind of horror films. Have you also checked out their remakes of House on Haunted Hill and 13 Ghosts? I believe this October they will be coming out with their biggest budget movie yet, Gothika. Halle Berry is starring so she probably will get a good chunk of the budget increase.

“by the Pricking of My Thumbs, Something Wicked This Way Comes.”

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I haven't seen Ghostship yet, but the one I'm waiting for is Pirates of the Caribbean: curse of the black pearl, with Jonny Depp and Orlando Bloom. I checked out the site and the movie looks pretty cool.
http://bventertainment.go.com/movies/pirates/

It will be really cool when Disney puts out The Haunted Mansion movie.

"The banshee shrieks with WICKED delight, on this, a cold and death filled night!"

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would never let MR Chunk get hurt even though he might think so..as for the pillow yes.I must say it has seen better days.. 13 ghost is one of my favorite movies. there is a big difference between the old movie and the new one.i loved the new one but the old one is great too..house on haunted hill is yet another great remake.can't wait for the pirates of the caribbean..maybe for this one i will get a new pillow...

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I've actually seen one of the sets for "Pirates of the Caribbean." The full size pirate ship was built inside the Spruce Goose Dome outside the Queen Mary...In fact, two of the mazes for Shipwreck last year were built around it. While the guests going through the mazes couldn't see it, the performers could, since it was just outside the breakroom. I can hardly wait to see the flick, since the Disneyland ride that inspired it is everybodies favorite, including mine! I just hope it doesn't end up like "Cutthroat Island," which had a huge budget and turned out as a disaster anyway.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I watched Ghostship over the weekend----Talk about "FLOP!". Eerie rented a few movies for the weekend, which included "The Ring", "Ghostship", and of course the always terrifying "Blah-Blah-Blah" (some romance piece-o-chit, I hate romance movies!)any way- The Ring was pretty good, kinda, in a creepy kinda way. But I was totally disappointed with Ghostship. It wasn't scary, and the storyline was all too typical. The added feature of the pouty, boring little girl trying to wrench heartstrings, was just really---OOOOOOOooooo SCARY! Over all I gave it one fright-face out of a possible five.

On the other hand, "House of 1,000 corpse's" Was "WICKED!"[:eek:)] LOL

"The banshee shrieks with WICKED delight, on this, a cold and death filled night!"

·
Registered
850 Posts
Is House of 1,000 Corpse's on Video/DVD??!! I didn't think it was released yet. Did you notice any rating on it? I know Rob Zombie did not want to water it down to an R, but there was some question a while back if he could get a distributor to release it unrated or NC17.

Too bad you didn't like GhostShip, I loved it. The cable snapping scene really sticks in my mind. I heard plenty of horror/sea stories about that stuff in my Navy days.

“by the Pricking of My Thumbs, Something Wicked This Way Comes.”

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Yeah, the cable "Cut" scene was truely the best thing about Ghostship. I reallly thought It would have been a better movie judging by the way it started--Oh well.

No, House of 1,000 Corpse's is at the theaters. I don't remember who picked it up, but I do know Rob had to sign a contract allowing them to cut some stuff (with his OK) that was just TOO graphic. To quote Mr. Zombie, it's a "uber celebration of depravity". The movie is as gory as the MPAA will allow, and I mean it's borderline at that.
But the good news is around October the DVD will be released un-cut! That ought to be really gruesome! It got a R rating for the theater, and I imagine they don't have a rating cateGORY for the DVD release. I suggest to anyone who doesn't like old horror flicks, clowns, Dr.Satan, gore, abstract filming, Rocky Horror, or Chainsaw Massacre, or if you have psycotic tendencies, NOT to see this film. For those of you who do like these things---Enjoy![:p]:D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello all! I just stumbled across this forum and decided to become apart of it seeing I love Halloween also. If anyone would like you can check out my site at httt://www.geocities.com/bursacsyardofhorrors. If you decide to venture over and check it out please be sure to drop me a line on my guestbook telling me what you think of my yard and site. Thanks. Hope to hear from some of you soon!;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts