Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long-time fan of both movies (including the second which I think is sorely underrated and gets a lot of unfair scorn) and also love the cartoon series and the 2009 video game which essentially is the third movie in game form. Any other fans here? Both movies are among my all-time favorites and I've seen them both endlessly, so rewatchable and entertaining. They're the quintessential Horror-Comedies with just as many laughs as scares and both are infinitely quotable and have so many great moments. The Terror Dogs, library ghost, Stay Puft, Vigo, the river of slime, the Scoleri Brothers, the Statue Of Liberty, etc. both movies are so awesome.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Right here grym! Love them all. I never got the hate for gb2 oddly the one I quote from more. My friends and I did a ghostbusters New York locations tour a few year ago and it was awesome. The firehouse actually has the GB2 sign inside. They were very accommodating and friendly. (Firefighters) I made a pack, trap, ecto goggles, suit and have a pke meter as well...huge fan lol

·
Resident Potterhead
1,972 Posts
I grew up on those movies, with 3 brothers and me being the only girl, I didn't have much choice. I went years and years after adulthood without watching them because I had myself convinced the only reason I liked them back then was because I was forced to watch them and it was fake enthusiasm to save my tail from getting beat on by the step brother (he was kind of a douche when we were kids), but I got them for my husband for christmas a few years back and watched them with him... Nope, I still like them and not because I forced myself to. Both movies are great, sequels back in the 80's and early 90's weren't done how they do them now, where it likely will destroy a great first movie. Egon was my favorite! I always did like nerdy guys....

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right here grym! Love them all. I never got the hate for gb2 oddly the one I quote from more. My friends and I did a ghostbusters New York locations tour a few year ago and it was awesome. The firehouse actually has the GB2 sign inside. They were very accommodating and friendly. (Firefighters) I made a pack, trap, ecto goggles, suit and have a pke meter as well...huge fan lol

Sounds awesome. I'd love to visit there, someday.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I saw this movie when it first came out in the theaters - & the first time my little brother saw it, that was it for him. He watched the movie every-single-day.....& this was around the time the Real Ghostbusters cartoon came out, so he had the toys, the video games, posters, magazines, you name it! He was a Ghostbuster for Halloween three years in a row (I think the only reason he didn't use the costume for the fourth year is because he grew too tall! lol). For a few years after he grew out of the daily watching, I couldn't watch it cause by then I knew all the lines! :p

Nowadays, I can watch it with fond memories. It's still one of my favorite movies - thank goodness my brother didn't totally kill that for me - in fact, we went & saw it when Cinemark showed it in the theaters recently! I'm with you on the love for Ghostbusters 2 as well - I thought it was really funny as well, though definitely darker (not a complaint, just an observation).

And nowadays when I see the movies, I have another reason to smile when watching them - my hubby looks a LOT like Egon! lol DH is not as skinny, & his hair isn't as curly, but the resemblance is definitely there, to the point where total strangers have told him (so it's definitely not just me!)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Happy to see there's fans here and also fans who like the sequel. So many are quick to hate on it but I always enjoyed it as much as the first. Both go great together.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh yeah, did anyone recently get both movies on Blu-ray in the digibook set? Got them both and can't wait to see how they look in HD.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I loved the first film, I wanted to feel the same about the second one tried watching it again and fell flat for me and love the cartoon series

·
Registered
895 Posts
i love slimer and both films as well...and the cartoon

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I'm afraid I'm one of the folks who didn't care much for the sequel, although I do feel it's ironic that my feelings for the sequel are mainly what the sequel is about. I thought Ghostbusters was creative, punchy, new, and just a sharply-paced movie. The sequel always felt so forced to me. The newness was gone and it was like the writers tried to take every element from the first movie, change it a bit, and punch it up three or four notches. I kind of felt for the movie the way the characters in the movie were treated in the film. They were no longer novel or new, and the scene at the birthday party with the smoking Ectomobile really symbolizede the whole movie for me.

·
Registered
569 Posts
All I know is that when I finally bought the DVD s for my son, I was amazed at how much had been cut for TV all of these years. Pre PG13 obviously!

·
Registered
453 Posts
I just had to watch Ghostbusters. It is one of those movies that is a must watch if your halloween spirit needs a kick.

·
Registered
226 Posts
YES!!

Huge fan here. So much so that it's the theme for our party this year. Ghostbusters' 30th Anniversary.

30 years...man, I'm starting to feel old!

Ours is a costume party and, while I've encouraged people to follow the theme, it's purely optional. I like the variety of costumes, but think there will be a few creative GB costume ideas out there.

My yard decorations are up as of yesterday too.

Attachments

·
How about a magic trick?
1,002 Posts
I too am a fan of both films and the animated series.
I own the 2 pack DVD of both films and built a full-sized proton pack
in 2009 for the 25th anniversary for my Halloween costume. Had a
ton of compliments and had a blast. I plan on watching the movie
again this Halloween like i do every year :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm so excited to see both on Blu-ray. It's been a good while since I last watched either and both are regular viewing for me every October.

·
For Your Demonic Needs!
1,254 Posts
There are plenty of us GB fans out there! However, I've yet to have been able to find anyone else who likes/loves Extreme Ghost Busters! I watched the whole series earlier this year.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts