Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in 2016 we decided to do Ghostbusters. Please note that we were not inspired by the dung-heap of a remake (or whatever that was) that recently came out, but we typically pick our themes several years in advance. I grew up loving the original for what it was and just wanted to pay tribute!

This was a tough year to pull off such a large build as our son was born in the middle of October. Luckily I have a very understanding wife otherwise I may be a single man right now!

That being said, there was soooo much more I wanted to do with this build. This was our first year attempting a mural and it took me a while to figure out the best method to accomplish this. I ran out of time otherwise I would've completed it with a mural of the headquarters, but alas, I'm not divorced, so I call it a win. :)

Chicken wire StayPuft!

StayPuft w/paper mache.

StayPuft painted white.

Proton packs almost done!

Particle throwers ready!

Slimer!!!!

Close up of the proton packs completed.

Ray and Egon

Peter and Winston

House during the day.

House at night.

Hope you enjoy! Always open for questions or comments!

·
Registered
392 Posts
very nicely done. Always a GB fan. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone! If you would like to see more pics, they are available in my albums along with albums of previous years' haunts.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Great work. Happy wife, Happy life. (Plus cool Halloween props keep a marriage going!) ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts