Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone! So I am doing a Ghostbusters theme this year and have a few good ideas I have already started working on. One Idea I have is to have a ghostbuster blasting at a slimer I will have flying around on some gears. My issue I am hitting is I would like to use a laser of sorts that will can be triggered by a picoboo and flicker if possible. Would have to be ok to use outside in the rain as well since I live in new england and Oct can get wet. I have been poking around but havent had much luck in products that would work with a picoboo. Thanks for any help!!!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Whatever you use for the effect of the beam (laser, led flashlight, etc.) is going to need to be controlled by a relay, which is just a switch that the controller turns on and off according to how you programmed it. The Picoboos all have relays built-in, you should learn how to set one up so it can turn on/off the power to a light.

The rain proofing means you'll put the Picoboo and all the wires inside plastic and seal it up where it could leak.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know how to have the picoboo turn the lights on and off and whatnot, but what I am trying to do is have a laser attached to the muzzle of the blaster that would run into the house into the picoboo. So basically I am trying to find if anyone knows of a prop laser that can be powered by the picoboo or even on that runs on AC and I could use the picoboo AC. I want to have it so when someone triggers the motion sensor blaster sounds start and the laser kicks on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts