Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How much cheesecloth did you use? Did you just tear some holes in the cloth there in the back?
I used the entire 6yrds that came in the packet, and for the holes I used scissors, I angled the scissors when I made the holes to make it have a torn look .

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks... one more question, did you just use glue to attach the cheesecloth? It looks awesome so I'm going to try and make my own...hopefully it'll be almost as good as yours. :D
I hot glued the head so it wouldnt spin around and I hot glued the cheescloth to the head and wire frame, as for you stating " hopefully yours turning out as good as mine " , stop it your making me :eek:blush. I know yours will come out awsome, trust me. :D Thankyou so mutch for admiring what i try to achieve lol :D

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
To make the cheesecloth glow, I used Rit Whitner Brightener. It comes in a box that you disolve in hot water, it will tell you to soak the garment for 10 minutes or so and rinse. I recommend letting it sit longer like 45 minutes and ring it out dont rinse, because rinsing it washes away the chemical that causes it to glow. I hanged my cloth up to air dry, dont put it in the dryer, because it could knot it up pretty bad. :D

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oops forgot to mention one more thing, use a bucket or sink to soak the cheesecloth, dont use a washmachine, even though it might say it on the box.

·
Registered
301 Posts
wow

I love this! Thanks for all the instructions. I will have to try on myself. Where do you find the Styrofoam heads?

These are awesome!
Kaye

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I love this! Thanks for all the instructions. I will have to try on myself. Where do you find the Styrofoam heads?

These are awesome!
Kaye
I got the styrafoam head from a Sally Beauty Supply store here in Cali, but any beauty store should have them. :D

·
Technological Terror
724 Posts

These are awesome!
Kaye
You can also find them at Hobby Lobby or Monsterguts.com if you cannot find a Hobby Lobby store near by.

halloweendarkangel
The FCG rocks! I really love the green eyes! Soooo cool under the black light!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Ok. I'm just catching up on the posts I missed, and I'm so glad I didn't miss your ghost!

When I think "ghost" this is what I have in mind. Well done.

Your ghost has inspired me. It has everything I want.

#1 Not a big hit to the wallet

#2 Simple to make

#3 looks spooky and supernatural

I bet that cheese cloth "floats" on the wind real well.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts