Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Im building a standing bride prop W/ dress & vale. It will have to stand up to some blowing wind.
What I was looking for is a sturdy design for a frame to put the dress on that won't fall over, but be portable.

Thanks Boys & Ghouls.

CJ

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
I put this dress on a simple PVC "T" The dress was fairly heavy so the wind didn't affect it. The PVC was slid over a fence post so it was pretty portable. An idea I got the other day, but haven't tried, would be to go to Lowes/Home Depot and get a tomato cage and mount it upside down to the PVC, then that would allow the dress to flair out..

As for the vail...I bungy corded it in place

·
Registered
725 Posts
IMG_2810 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I don't have any pictures of the frame specifically, but I will try and describe it.

2 - 2 x 4' run up and down. I used 1 x 4's on the top and also a couple down the 2 x 4's to tie everything together. Then I used 2 - 1 x 4's, about 2 feet long on the bottom, like a pair of skies. I took to more and crossed them the other way for support left and right. The head was secured with a wood dowel nailed to the top of the frame, and the arms where made of wire.

All together I think the frame weighed about 20 pounds. It would have taken 60 mile an hour winds to knock her over.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts