·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SOLD: Ghost Ride Talking Skull Animation

For sale one complete Ghost Ride Talking Skull Animation

Here's the ad copy:
TALKING SKULL ANIMATION
VOICE-ACTIVATED JAW AND RUGGED SERVOS COMBINE TO CREATE A REALISTIC HEAD AND EYE MOVEMENT. CONTROLLER INCLUDED AND NO COMPUTER NECESSARY. BASE OF SKULL DESIGNED TO FIT ONTO THE STEEL SPINE SUPPORT OF A STANDARD BUCKY SKELETON.

Link to the item for sale on their website:
http://www.ghostride.com/talking-skull-animation.html

Their current price is $1299. I do understand there are cheaper alternatives. Bought it a few years ago, before Graveyard skulls, or 3-axis kits were readily available. It still works flawlessly.
I bought a Skulltronix more recently, so don't really need this one.
My price is $500, plus shipping.

Here are a couple of demo vids I made:

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
so are the head and eye movements random? and you just play any audio source?
or can a specific routine be created like the skulltronix?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so are the head and eye movements random? and you just play any audio source?
or can a specific routine be created like the skulltronix?
Head and eye movements are controlled by you and recorded to a chip on controller, mouth is driven by audio similar to autotalk board.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, tough crowd, price includes shipping now.
I don't have much wiggle room with the price, as it's basically over 50% off already.
It's pretty heavy, so you're saving a decent amount on shipping and insurance.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Did you get my last pm

How many routines can be recorded, how many minutes?

How can't it be triggered

How long have you had it? Home haunt? Or Pro?

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,681 Posts

How can't it be triggered

How long have you had it? Home haunt? Or Pro?
I can answer that last one for you from a response to a few of my Q's, said there was about 8 hrs on it & sounds like was used in a home haunt.......

Not positive but I think that only 1 "routine" of head / eye movement can be input to whatever audio routine you have plugged in to play, or if audio is also recorded onto controller or separate audio input.

I also was curious how it would be triggered, like whenever audio is played, with any sensor connections or if you manually had to trigger it.......?

**Davy2 if you could PM me your email addy for a little more info & faster contact response please :)

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, some clarification and answers to your questions:
The external metal box contains an autotalk board and a 4-channel servo control board
Channel 1-head left and right
Channel 2-head nod up and down
Channel 3-Eyes left and right
Channel 4-Open channel can be used for another servo or as a digital relay

After channel 1 is programmed, the remaining channels can be programmed one at a time
Each previous recorded channel will play back as the current channel is being recorded in real time
Channel 1 controls the length of time available for the other channels so, you would want to record the max time (4 minutes) on Channel 1 first
All recorded movements can be played in a loop with a pause of 5 seconds to 60 seconds, based on positions of loop and auto switch
Servo controller board contains a remote switch terminal, for a pressure pad or a motion detector. I just played mine in a continuous loop.

Up to 4 minutes

How can it be triggered?
Continuous loop or with a remote switch, such as a pressure pad or motion detector

How long have you had it?
5 or 6 years

Used for one Halloween, so about 8 hours

Home haunt? Or Pro?

Home haunt

Movement, when recording, is controlled by a dial switch on the controller
Autotalk contains fine tuning controls for jaw movement.

"**Davy2 if you could PM me your email addy for a little more info & faster contact response please "
Huh? Sorry, I am not on here every day, apologies if my responses were not as quick as expected.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, one price drop, $475, which includes domestic shipping and insurance

Remember, used only once, so it's like new...this price is well over 1/2 price off of new!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, one price drop, $475, which includes domestic shipping and insurance

Remember, used only once, so it's like new...this price is well over 1/2 price off of new!
Ok, last price drop, then he's going to the big auction site at the old price...
$450, which includes domestic shipping and insurance

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,681 Posts
Ok, last price drop, then he's going to the big auction site at the old price...
$450, which includes domestic shipping and insurance
Hey davy2, I'll save you the trouble of that place, I'll take it - post or PM me your Paypal addy :)

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi, Dark Lord
Sending you a private message...

I'm also awaiting word from the other interested party...if I don't hear from them by tomorrow, it's yours.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I have this skull its not made anymore I have the full body I have a question its pretty simple how come when I plug the audio jack into a stereo system it moves the head mouth eyes etc but I cant hear sound?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have this skull its not made anymore I have the full body I have a question its pretty simple how come when I plug the audio jack into a stereo system it moves the head mouth eyes etc but I cant hear sound?
I'm sure that you have an answer by now but I developed this skull for Ghost Ride so I know all about it. The audio sent to the skull only drives the servo. There is no speaker or amplifier built in. You need to split off the signal to something like a powered speaker so there is one line going to the control box and one line going to the speaker. A simple audio adapter will work.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts