Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for some advice on a ghost prop for my cemetery haunt. What I am looking for is a silhouette female figure. Need some ideas on how I can do this? I am looking into starting now for next year. Thanks

·
Registered
360 Posts
What sort of silhouette?

The first thing that occurs to me is maybe making a projector that shines a light through a cutout. If you put the light source on an oscillating fan, you could make the silhouette move across a wall.

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
How about some scrim stretched on a wire outline?

14 guage "baling wire" holds it's shape pretty well - make your outline with that.
Lay out your scrim (perhaps stretching it slightly, to really remove wrinkles and keep it gauzy) - lay the wire outline on top, use fabric glue along the entire edge and fold the scrim over the wire.

That silhouette will then be transparent when lit from behind, but visible when lit from in front - have lights go on and off to make her appear and disappear.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great Ideas. Thanks. I never thought about a scrim. I need to look into both ideas. I have a old fan that oscillates but the fan went out. I wondered what I could use it for(prop idea). I thought about a zombie or something. Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts