Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey every one so i was thinking that with the increase in popularity of pokemon this year i want to try to make some pokemon decorations for the yard. i was wondering if any one else had made some and had some pointers for me to try. I'm thinking i would just start with the 3 original ghost pokemon.. gastly, haunter, and gengar. i have an idea for gastly just have to find the right materials and see how it works. but im interested in what other folks may have done.
th.jpg

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
awesome dmitriy! so i have plans/ideas ready to make a gastly, complete with lights and fog. i should begin working on that next week or so. i need an item from spirit Halloween, i could probably order it online but i need a good excuse to visit my local store. which unfortunately it wont be open for at east another week :(

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so i have begun the construction of my gastly!!
I started with a 12" acrylic globe light cover from home depot.
g1.jpg
Next i found the hanging center by balancing the globe on one finger and making a mark on the exterior with sharpie
g2.jpg
i then made cardboard cut out for the eyes and mouth, just one eye flipped to make the second eye.
g3.jpg
i laid down some masking tape and traced the eyes and mouth onto the tape
g4.jpg
g5.jpg
g6.jpg
this is all i have for now hopefully will get some more done on it tomorrow after work! I'm really excited for how this is going to turn out!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so im looking for opinions on weather to use a mist maker(or 2) for the gastly. but im worried that it wont have the strength to put out enough mist. i was thinking of using a fogger if i could find a small one as i dont want or need a ton of fog for it.

basically i want to fill the body of the globe with water and drill holes around the edge for the mist/fog to pour out from. im worried that the mist makers wont produce enough and that a fogger might over power it....

So im possibly looking for a high powered mister or low powered fog machine?? thoughts?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Some other ideas...
"Pokemon I have killed"
Pokemon shooting gallery
Throw hand grenades instead of a Pokeball
Recipes for freshly hunted Pokemon

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So i did a bit more on the gastly today. i cut out the eyes and mouth to get ready for paint
g1.jpg
and was able to find spray paint on clearance for only $1!
g2.jpg
g3.jpg

I'm pleased as to how its coming out, i didn't go to heavy with the paint because I'm not sure of how bright the lights will be yet, so just stuck with a light coat.

i took some pics at night with some tests lights in there
g5.jpg
g6.jpg

·
Registered
31 Posts
Coming up great! Gengar is one of my favourite pokemon, glad to see its evolutionary stages used as Halloweend decoration!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im trying to think of how to do other pokemons, like gengar or even a pikachu, but still keep it spooky. i might do a gengar out of plywood and hide him in the bushes, and maybe a cubone somewhere..

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so for progress on this i have now got it hooked up to a fog machine, that works off a remote. i built it around an old garden hanger i had, so that it will appear to be floating in air once it is dark out.
12.jpg

i hooked up an old section of vacuum hose and ran it around the garden hanger so it will feed directly into the ghost head.
14.jpg

on the opposite end i connected a soda can around the hose so that the hose would not melt from the heat of the fogger. when this is dark and running it looks amazing!
13.jpg

I still have to paint the mouth and eyes after i remove the tape i just wanted to make sure i was happy with the orbs color before i did that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts