Halloween Forum banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
I remember that stone, too! So awesome!

Okay, I'll share another gift I was sent...(I have so many that I have been given that I love, I'd love to post them all, lol. I have been so lucky to have terrific reapers, so far!)

These were gifted to me from KittyVIbe, one year. I opened the box and lost it. I think I cried a little, lol. I LOVE My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic, especially Rainbow Dash and Apple Jack. She handmade these large, perfectly detailed plushies of them both in their Halloween costumes! (Rainbow Dash as a Shadowbolt and Apple Jack as a Witch.) I was blown away at this insane gift...the time these would take to make...the thought she put into making my favorite ponies for me...just simply awesome. Looking at them, I couldn't even register that she made them, herself. They were so perfectly done. Rainbow Dash's mask was even made to come off and Apple Jack had her cutie mark even under her costume. They stay out all year long...though Rainbow Dash only wears her mask for Halloween, lol.

View attachment 552413

View attachment 552415 View attachment 552417
I remember this reap. That was amazing how she made those. I have to admit I have cried a little when opening a reaper gift. Sometimes the thoughtfulness just takes you by surprise.
Keep posting picks of other reaps. I love this trip down memory lane!

·
Head Witch
2,871 Posts
I have made a lot of things over the years for my Victims. I won't post them all, because I'd be here all day (especially if I posted pics of all the potion bottles!), lol, but I'll share some of my favorite things I have made (...though, truly, I loved pretty much every single thing I have ever made for my Victims!!!)

First, here are some of the things I have hand painted:

View attachment 551701 View attachment 551703

View attachment 551705

View attachment 551707 View attachment 551709

View attachment 551711

View attachment 551713 View attachment 551715
I absolutly love that owl. Beautiful ♥ and the witchy kit are my favorites. You are a really good artist.

·
Head Witch
2,871 Posts
Come on...I know you have pictures! Join in the fun!

One of the things I love most about the reaper is I get to experience aspects of Halloween I may not have otherwise. I am always so excited to get my victim followed by panic/nervousness once I get them and start stalking their likes/dislikes. Every year so far I have got to try new things or shop for new themes or old classics. Here is what I did for my victim one year....a mummy head, spell book and a lantern I made using an idea I found on pinterest for my victim's universal monster like. Liked it so much I had to make a lantern for myself!
View attachment 551691
View attachment 551693
View attachment 551695
The bride has always been my favorite

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Been getting so excited for Secret Reaper this year so I checked when sign up was last year and it started July 14th. JULY 14TH?? I can't wait a month for sign up let alone TWO months to get my victim. Do you hear me bethene??? :)

Very much looking forward to doing it again this year and while I wait (not so patiently) I thought I would resurrect this thread so we can share some fun from Reapers past. Would love to hear (or see pictures of) some of your fond Reaper memories!

I had the reaping of all reaps last year from Hearthfire - thought I was going to have to get a new storage unit for it all! Here is just some of the fun:

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I can’t wait either! I haven’t thought about Halloween for quite a few months but my mind is starting to churn these last couple weeks. What shall the new season bring? How will I decorate? Will I have a party? Or will I bomb out like I did last year and do nothing (except decorate outside)? We shall see! But one thing is for sure....I will definitely be participating in the Secret Reapers and can’t wait for them!

·
Registered
153 Posts
I don’t have a lot of my pictures on hand at the moment but just had to share this reap I was sent last year. I use the mug almost every night for tea!

Also those are my all year round salad tongs!

So much of what I sent last year was a blast to make, but my favorite item as the Edward Scissorhands inspired snow globe. I still have 100s of tiny Dinos in my house and he took a lot of moss glue and parsley to make look like a topiary. I wonder how he held up with time!

Also particularly love making black flame candles. I use this method now to make all sorts of candle gifts.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Graveyard Queen....love that plate and mug! The Edward Scissorhands "snow" globe was such a creative idea! Thats one of the things I love most about the Reaper...it inspires me to try new things and explore new themes that I don't personally collect!

Spirits Vineyard--I really love those spiders--how hard are they to make without breaking or snapping off the bulb?

bethene....the response I was looking for was "lets start now!" :eek: Although as our fantastic Reaper Queen I knew you would keep your cool. If you gave into pressure we would have our victims on day one!

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
I don’t have a lot of my pictures on hand at the moment but just had to share this reap I was sent last year. I use the mug almost every night for tea!
View attachment 712699

Also those are my all year round salad tongs!

So much of what I sent last year was a blast to make, but my favorite item as the Edward Scissorhands inspired snow globe. I still have 100s of tiny Dinos in my house and he took a lot of moss glue and parsley to make look like a topiary. I wonder how he held up with time!
View attachment 712700

Also particularly love making black flame candles. I use this method now to make all sorts of candle gifts.
View attachment 712701
I love that Black Flame Candle.

·
Super Moderator
5,647 Posts
Oh if only I was organized enough to remember who sent me what! (or who I sent what to, or WHERE the pictures are)

This was from a trial run on a bigfoot casting. The funny story here is it' s APRIL. SNOW/slush, and I'm out in my yard which was nothing but a mud pit from construction at the time. STOMPING around barefoot pre-dawn. I damn near get frostbite, and go in to get warmed up, put shoes on, find my plaster, and go out to start making casts.

Well, by then, the neighbor kids had woken up, snows melted, suns warm. See me, and come to see what I'm doing. LOOK! OMG! BIGFOOT WAS HERE!!!!!

They get their mom out who sees me making plaster casts, looks intently for several minutes and then starts asking if I'd called the news!? How could we not have heard? It walked right through the garden! Look, you can see where it stopped here at the Fence and turned around!

She's taking pictures as I'm holding the tape measure because surely nothing has that big of feet other than big foot. Snapchat/twitter/whatever.

Then I let her in on my secret. This is how these neighbors discovered Halloween is a year round experience living next to me.

I would make 20 castings and picked out what I felt looked best, and came up with a pretty simple technique, but it requires a particular kind of mud.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Oh if only I was organized enough to remember who sent me what! (or who I sent what to, or WHERE the pictures are)

This was from a trial run on a bigfoot casting. The funny story here is it' s APRIL. SNOW/slush, and I'm out in my yard which was nothing but a mud pit from construction at the time. STOMPING around barefoot pre-dawn. I damn near get frostbite, and go in to get warmed up, put shoes on, find my plaster, and go out to start making casts.

Well, by then, the neighbor kids had woken up, snows melted, suns warm. See me, and come to see what I'm doing. LOOK! OMG! BIGFOOT WAS HERE!!!!!

They get their mom out who sees me making plaster casts, looks intently for several minutes and then starts asking if I'd called the news!? How could we not have heard? It walked right through the garden! Look, you can see where it stopped here at the Fence and turned around!

She's taking pictures as I'm holding the tape measure because surely nothing has that big of feet other than big foot. Snapchat/twitter/whatever.

Then I let her in on my secret. This is how these neighbors discovered Halloween is a year round experience living next to me.

I would make 20 castings and picked out what I felt looked best, and came up with a pretty simple technique, but it requires a particular kind of mud.
OMG, what a great story! Those kids will tell it someday, too, I bet!

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,008 Posts

and if you look really close in the bottom right corner haha i was one of the victims to get a big foot print :)

·
Registered
684 Posts
I love these photos and stories! They might almost hold me until it is time to sign up. But then again that is just the beginning of the torture. Then we have to wait another month to get our victims! The urge to craft and shop is strong but then I wonder who it will be and what are their likes and dislikes??
Okay back to looking at more photos...

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #57

I LOVE this story!! You probably almost ended up with the news at your house! Great bigfoot cast UnOrthodOx! Saki.Girl I love that you are lucky enough to have one in your collection. . It makes me happy thinking of how the Reaper lets us all share our unique brand of Halloween talent with each other!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Ok...I don't know how but I have made it almost to the end of July. Then it occurred to me that bethene never actually said if she was doing it again this year and if so WHEN it might start!! :oops:

Please tell me you are doing it bethene (although who could blame you if you had enough of us!) and if so....will sign up be in July again this year hopefully???

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,278 Posts
Last year was the first year I didn't participate in any of the reapers. My heart just wasn't in it due to issues with past reapers including one package that disappeared through USPS. I've yet to replace that gift (actually need hubby's help on that one), and have two items that I didn't realize were left out of my last victim's package.

Well, I've been cleaning and trying to wrangle all my Halloween in one place. I've came across many items I've received from past reaps and remarkably I can remember who sent most of them. It's been a great trip down memory lane for me. :)

My daughter will be starting preschool in August (Wow! Can't believe she's four already), and I will need something to keep me occupied and not worrying about her. :D So if Secret Reaper 2019 is happening, I'm definitely in!

41 - 60 of 74 Posts