Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

This year, we're dressing up as ghosts in a cemetary... What would you use to make that white face? I don't want it to be white-white, but more kind of ethereal (is that the right word??) almost greyish-dead-looking... Get the picture?

Thanks for your usual and most appreciated help! :)

·
Shadow Crosser
741 Posts
you'll need to mix a little bit of black in with your white face paint and make the hollows of your face a little darker than other areas. Please post a picture of how you do. This is one hard thing to pull off with good effect.

·
Join my Doomsday cult!
963 Posts
I'd go with a few shades of blue and only use a grey for around the eyes. (extreme shadows)
Don't use pure white or pure black, except for the smallest of details. Otherwise it'll look too much like a crappy paint job. Blending the shades is what will make it look "real". Lighter for the high points, ridge of the nose, cheekbones, etc... Darker for the shadows, sunken cheeks, temple, etc...

·
The Halloween King
626 Posts
Personally i wouldn't go for anything but Manic Panic makeup. And i know a few others on here feel the same way.

They do many different shades and tones of any color you could imagine, and are used by many well known music acts from Marilyn Manson to Joss Stone.

But if your just looking to spend a couple bucks, may not be what your looking for.

Take a look anyway Tish & Snooky's MANIC PANIC NYC

·
Vlad the Impaler
1,302 Posts
Personally i wouldn't go for anything but Manic Panic makeup. And i know a few others on here feel the same way.

They do many different shades and tones of any color you could imagine, and are used by many well known music acts from Marilyn Manson to Joss Stone.

But if your just looking to spend a couple bucks, may not be what your looking for.

Take a look anyway Tish & Snooky's MANIC PANIC NYC
Yaeh Manic Panic!! haha! Manic Panic is really good stuff to use! you can even get it at Spencer's Gifts now. If you want a greuish whiteish blue color than I suggest Bill Nye's color Blithe Spirit. Do a google search and you should be able to find it.

·
Registered
622 Posts
One thought .. maybe spray your costume (and hair?) with that UV hairspray that can be found all over this time of year. Use Blacklights placed here and there throughout your haunt or party and you will randomly start glowing adding to your "ethereal" look!

I plan to do this to myself for the handing out of the candy to wee ones!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the great tips guys! :) I'll see what I can find around here (meaning in Quebec) and I'll post pictures of my "work of art" later!!! Thanks again!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts