Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was working on some tombstone props for this years display, when I turned off the workshop lights for the evening I was "visited" by some ghost of Halloweens past. We'll actually these were my ghost props from last year that I still haven't put away (procrastination is a wonderful thing).

Attachments

·
Registered
357 Posts
That really is very cool, I think you should see if you can get a blow-up copy of one of those and frame it. It would look great on any wall!

·
Margarita Goddess
5,440 Posts
The Skeleton Crew,
What did you use that makes them glow blue? Everything I have that "GID" glows green, unless I have on the black lights. :)

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bethany - After a lot of experimentation with various colors and manufacturers I settled on GloMania ProFX blue daytime invisible. They have a large variety of different colors. This particular paint doesn't show any color in normal daylight but will glow blue in the dark.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks great, How did you make them?
A lot of trial-n-error : I used a variety of styles/sizes of plastic skulls, attached to metal wire, supported on a wood base. The skulls and support wires were covered in mache with additional detailing added during the mache process. I then painted the prop to give it a grayish (daytime) appearance. I also painted on a layer of GID paint before installing several layers of hand-dyed cheese cloth. Then I airbrushed several additional layers of GID paint so the entire prop would glow. A lot of steps, especially when you make 50 of them. Give it a try, if you have any specific questions let me know.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts