Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

I took this pictures today ..After make this new prop... Spooky..Look this light on right side .

No light on this one.

·
Registered
75 Posts
That is very cool. There are several explanations for this:

1. A real ghost
2. A lens glare
4. The sun

One thing is for sure, if you look really closley to the first image, there seems to be a grey orb around the light. Weird...

·
Registered
351 Posts
That is very cool. There are several explanations for this:

1. A real ghost
2. A lens glare
4. The sun

One thing is for sure, if you look really closley to the first image, there seems to be a grey orb around the light. Weird...
I agree, I got a ton of Pics that I took in Georgia that came up with white orbs.
"lens Glare"

·
Registered
622 Posts
I realize this isn't exactly in the spirit of this forum, but it's likely internal lens barrel reflection. The bright light of the sky in the background bouncing around on the sides of the inside of your lens. Happens more often than people realize.

I'm all for believing that there's other things out there we can't explain. I'm a connaisseur of real life ghost stories (especially local, ie. places I've been). It's just that some images are somewhat easily explainable.

For example, the infamous transparent "orb" seen on countless of these photos, particularily those taken in cemeteries. Every single one of these photos share a very common trait. They were all taken in dark places using a camera flash! The "orbs" in fact are really reflections of the flash on small out-of-focus insects flying through the air or even dust particles. The closer the dust or bug, the more out-of-focus it will be and the larger (& more transparent) the orb will be. Cemeteries are great places to find this effect as there are usually tonnes of tiny bugs flying around them.

You can actually purposely take an "orb" photo by photographing a dark basement, workshop, attic or any other dusty environment. Make sure your camera is focusing on the furthest wall and keep the lights off forcing your automatic flash to fire. You can do this in your backyard at night as well! Maybe I should write a tutorial! LOL

I'm sorry if I've spoiled anyone's enthusiasm, I guess it's my photographic background coming out. I have, however, seen countless photographs with anomolies that can't be explained!

And now I must appologize to liuoliveira for my rant! liuoliveira, I love you prop, very cool! I'm sorry if I've gone off track here and in no way was I suggesting that you were trying to mislead anyone. I too have gotten back everyday photos with strange anomolies in them. I'll try to post a few, some look quite cool!

·
Registered
622 Posts
:O)

I do think it would be cool to find a real ghost in a photo though!

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
i love when photos get posted and love responses. thunder does a ghost thread that is pretty cool. most the time anormalies can be debunked, [i've watched to much of the ghost hunters] but there is always that chance they're not. would the rainbow effect also have been because there was moisture in the air and the sun?
i love your prop, and as mentioned, it was cool how you took backside pictures and then turned the prop around.

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
I'm no photographer, but I must say it looks like a light anomaly in my opinion...
Doesn't detract from the fact that that's a cool looking prop though Liu...
I agree it would be great if you could get it to suddenly spin aound and scream!

·
Registered
283 Posts
I love all things scary, spooky, and Halloweeny but I think the only people who see ghosts are the people who believe in them. The same is true for UFOs, Bigfoot, Lochness Monster, etc. That being said- COOL PROP!!;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts