Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, here I am again. Today is dress rehearsal day for hubby and I, so I'll have time to pick up any additional costuming pieces if needed.
Anyway, he's wearing a Cyclops half mask that comes down to his nose. I've expanded it beneath the hair with some black elastic so it isn't so tight, but now he has another complaint: it stinks a bit.
Anyone ever try to clean or de-scent one of these things?

·
Registered
42 Posts
try wrapping it in newspaper and sitting it in the sun for a few days.

i have a bubble shield for my motorcycle helmet that is vintage. when it came to me it smelled like rotting death. try wearing that 3 inches from your face...yuk. we tried every kind of cleaner...nothing takes the smell out. the guy who sold it to me told me to try this newspaper thing. i have not tried it yet so i don't know...but maybe it will work for you.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

try wrapping it in newspaper and sitting it in the sun for a few days.

i have a bubble shield for my motorcycle helmet that is vintage. when it came to me it smelled like rotting death. try wearing that 3 inches from your face...yuk. we tried every kind of cleaner...nothing takes the smell out. the guy who sold it to me told me to try this newspaper thing. i have not tried it yet so i don't know...but maybe it will work for you.
I'll give it a try. I was already considering setting it out in the sun, but was worried about the light degrading the latex. The newspaper should fix that. I'll let you know how it turns out - maybe you can get that bubble shield "unstunk!"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts