Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, does anyone have any suggestions on what the best way is to get a strand of Halloween lights to stick to a metal door? I obviously can't use tacks. I tried Gorilla tape and shipping tape and they both peeled off. :(

·
Registered
63 Posts
magnets? unless it's aluminum then you'll need an aluminum magnet :D . seriously thought I have had great luck with a glue gun for lots of props.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,689 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm not really sure what the door is made of, it seems most like metal. I tend to prefer wood, myself...

I also found the idea of using mounting tape, maybe that will hold.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Hot melt glue......the Haunters BEST friend. Attaches things to impossible surfaces AND makes great spider webbing Too!

·
Registered
500 Posts
I can second Frankie's Girl's suggestion of the 3M command hooks, if magnets don't work (a lot of metal non-security doors are aluminum). I use them all the time, and they work very well, as long as you're not putting massive stresses on them. They'll also come off without damaging the surface. Just make sure to follow the directions for application and removal, because it does make a difference if you do it right.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts