Halloween Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife and i sat down last night and talked about our display for next year. We had a comment about it always being the same each year and just maybe one or two additions to the display. So next year we have 8 new characters and completely moving the display around. It should be great .....I actually make a map of our displays from each year on the computer and have moved and layed it all out for next year. I am going to be one busy man this next year.

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
My advice to you and anyone else who feels compelled to make changes to your display and up the ante based solely on the comments of a few visitors is, DON'T DO IT!
If people think your display is tired and boring, let them do their own and take it as far as they wish. Never get caught up in trying to please the public at the cost of your time, money, and doing what you like doing.

Now, if you and your wife are really tired of what you've been doing and are ready to make changes then I say go for it. Have fun!
:)

·
Registered
618 Posts
I agree with Leota. Some entitled millenial actually complained that your house was the same every year? Who cares? What does their display look like, if they even do one? Now, if you want to change it up because you're tired of it, that's cool.

Reminds me of a few years ago when some wiseass kid proudly remarked "THAT'S NOT REAL" about one of my ghosts or something when I answered the door, and I replied "Well aren't you smart! Congratulations!".

·
Going bump in the night..
3,389 Posts
...I actually make a map of our displays from each year on the computer and have moved and layed it all out for next year. I am going to be one busy man this next year.
If you aren't already, try SketchUp for modeling your house and yard in 3D - the tools are quite intuitive, and even if you've never used any form of 3D software before, this will make sense. Additionally, there's a ton of tutorials available.

Best of all, it's free!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts