Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Head Witch
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be 30 this year, never gotten a tattoo so i have a blank canvas. I want to get a tattoo of six bats, one for each of the men that mean the most to me and a moon to represent my mother. I have two boys (obviously going to be bats) and lots of stretch marks. And I don't want anything on my arms, thinking my stomach above my pants line or on my calf.. It has been on my mind for a while now, and something that i have wanted, and i have given it careful thought, or else it wouldn't have taken me this long.

thoughts??

2bf77f9bda57406af630440f23b680a0.jpg 821b69d7a8956d76c84bb3171582e93c.jpg a7a35c7abdc1b5f513d3534a167fec20.jpg bd2bc5a44a7a75ab674bcda92e78d8ff.jpg d92b1948a0553476d11d5aead42b3a50.jpg [ATTA
CH=CONFIG]203393[/ATTACH]

Attachments

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,618 Posts
I love love love those bats! I have never gotten a tattoo, though I want one. If I was going to get a tat like that, I'd want it to look like the bats were wrapping around and flying up my side and back towards the moon...that'd be awesome! Though, doing that would put some of the tat on the ribcage, and it hurts worse to get a tattoo on the bone...I would think you could do the same idea on your calf, though, the bats flying upwards toward the moon, wrapping around the calf a little bit.

·
For Your Demonic Needs!
1,254 Posts
I think that's a wonderful idea! Well thought and purposeful. I, too, am without tattoo, but not by choice. I have spent years thinking of what I want and have designed my own. But that's for a later time. Now. I think that both options are viable that WithyKitty suggested. And yes doing it on bone can be painful but its not a guarantee. Those are great designs too! I'd say that on your leg would be a great place as a it gives you a better hide/show options than if it were under a shirt. Personally, I'd vote for a line up the outside length of your calf with the order of the bats determined by the age of their human counterparts. In the end it is your decision and it is what feels right to you that should determine the end result. In any case. Awesome idea! :D

·
Head Witch
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you guys :) each person has a personality that would go with each bat :D always wanted a tattoo but i wanted to make sure that the one i choose, would mean something. not just because i had to have one. ;)

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,606 Posts
My only requirement when I got my tattoos was to place them someplace that won't stretch or sag & where I can see them so mine are on my legs. One is on the upper right calf near my knee, the other 2 are near my ankles. I figured why get some art that I can't see on my back? That's like buying a Picasso & sticking it in closet facing backwards.

I've seen belly tattoos of friends that got them early in life, pre-kids, then they had kids or just gained weight in general. What was once a pretty butterfly is now some weird Dali-esque creature stretched in ways it shouldn't be stretched.:D

I like those bats though!!

·
Head Witch
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had changed my mind on the style bats mostly due to how freaking painful it was for just the moon!!! still have 5 bats, I didnt cry in fact i went to sleep, until she got to my ribs.. OH BOY that smarted
Day of

10569242_698685600168287_295483949_n.jpg

Attachments

·
Creepy Homeschool Mom
778 Posts
Those look great, moonwitchkitty!

Mine is on my left shoulder blade. Like RCIAG, I wanted to make sure that it would hold up to life, in general. I also wanted to make sure it was large enough so you could still figure out what it was, even if the lines blurred a bit with age. I do miss not being able to see it without a mirror or camera, but I also really like how it looks where it is, and I can't imagine it anywhere else. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts