Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to share this with my fellow haunters. They'll be great for lighting up my props. $4.32 each seems to good to be true. Will see if I get them.

Search amazon "Generic Color Changing Light Bulb With Remote "

Cant post any links yet.

" 411mH85VOGL.jpg "

·
Registered
876 Posts
I like this model because they don't focus all three diode beams in the same place very well.
For me that meant I could select violet and have a red spot with a blue spot next to it (overlapping a bit).
Looked great for props.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a few of these just for halloween. From a professional lighting standpoint, I hate them because the feild is not even. From a halloween lighting standpoint, I love them. They are cheap, bright enough, but not overpowering, and small. I only wish they did not power up into the demo flashing mode.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I got a couple of these a few years ago. Not surprised to see they've come down this far in price. I just checked ebay, you can find them for about the same amount there, too.

·
Registered
876 Posts

·
What Hump?
1,107 Posts
Abunai without more specifics of what you are looking for in fixtures, I would suggest the MR-16 version of the lights. They run on 12V and can fit into a housing like these:
http://www.lowes.com/pd_144940-30383-LV11017BK6_4294719515__?productId=1017591&Ns=p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&pl=1¤tURL=?Ns=p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&facetInfo=

They are heavy duty, metal, and have waterproof gaskets.
Yes. MR-16s is what I was talking about.
On Ebay, I can get the 12v, RGB LEDs at 3W to 4W for around $5.00 each.
At that price, the fixtures cost more than the bulbs.
I will probably purchase the wired sockets, also off of Ebay, and then fabricate my own fixtures that I can stake into the ground, or mount on a wall or a ceiling.

·
Funeral Crasher
7,435 Posts
I bought several of these a while back. They work really good, but I was using them as spotlights in my kitchen. I found that after a period of time, one (or more) of the three LEDs that make up the bulb (red, green, blue) would burn out, leaving a lot of the color choices unavailable.

But if you only use them for a few hours a night during Halloween season, they might last a lot longer before burning out.

These are the ones I bought:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-sale-E27-RGB-LED-Magic-Light-Bulb-24keys-Remote-Controller-16-Colors-5-Modes-/261258408837?pt=US_Light_Bulbs&var=&hash=item3cd436f385

1 - 9 of 9 Posts