Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should have been working on my props last night, but instead, I went to Halloween Horror Nights to take a break and do a little resarch. Most of the haunts had some kind of smell effect. Is there anyway to generate smells without burning insense? Maybe scented oils with those wicking sticks? I am searching for them, but I am finding things like "fresh" scent. What i am looking for is stale, musty, and earthy.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
socks

The roadkill would have some funk to it alright.

Maybe if I stank up some socks real bad then placed them over a fan. My haunt is indoors, inside an office, so no burning anything.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hallowtheme:

Good news! While I was at the Midwest Haunters Convention, there was a booth that sold scent donuts and scented fog additive. One word....AWESOME! The smells that these guys came up with are spot on. And they have tons! Here is their site:

Dream Reapers - Sinister Scents, Shop the On-Line Store

I smelled quite a few of the jars of scents and they packed a punch. The donut just simply goes in front of a fan and spreads the scent throughout the area.

The scented fog additive is eqaully impressive in that the scent is in the fog vapor. So when we walked up to the booth, there was no smell. But the guy triggered the fog machine and it smelled like Gothic (frankinscence). When the fog dissipated, no smell was to be had.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sents

"I smelled quite a few of the jars of scents and they packed a punch. The donut just simply goes in front of a fan and spreads the scent throughout the area."

Interesting site, thanks. I wonder how the small sent bags would work $12-14 vs. the donut, which was $40.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
yeah their site makes no sense. If you click on the arrow for the next page (on the makezine link) it will show you the "donut" smell chamber. They say to use wool yarn wrapped around in a circle and infuse with your own scented oils.

I'm thinking diy airzooka with my own donut smell chamber. Aim and shoot at victims. Muhaha.

Here's one on amazon:
Amazon.com: Stink Blaster Gun: Toys & Games

1 - 9 of 9 Posts